Page 1 of 3
So my friend showed me this video... some kid apparently threw something at Josh Homme during a show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZm32tpWY8

He says that Josh Homme is a badass.. I disagree, he basically just talked smack to a 14 year old kid. That's not really badass. The kid did deserve the humiliation, but I don't think Josh Homme is that badass.

Do you?
He's badass enough to have two of the same threads.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
you should see the converge fight
!!

they get a bass in there and everything
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
lmao, or when axl was like "WHO THE @#$! THREW THIS?????"

lol
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Maybe if he had choked him with the force I would be impressed, but that was just lame.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
He's badass enough to have two of the same threads.

Really? Nothing came up on the search bar.. odd.
Axl and Bach already did it but a lot cooler. Axl even did it with a feather boa and a generals hat on. That is badass. Bach, is just badass as he is.

Edit: So you did two of the exact same threads instead?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
In Josh's defense, he had a fever of something like 102 degrees Fahrenheit when the little fucker threw the shoe at him.
<Han> I love Hitler
you double posted your thread
"i say fuck and have thousands of screaming fans around you, therefore i am stronger than you"
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Am I the only one here who thinks that kid was a douchebag for throwing a shoe at him?
You wouldn't cuss him out?
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by XCount Me InX
you double posted your thread

Oh really? Crap, my internet must've lagged.. is there anyway to like.. merge them?
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Oh really? Crap, my internet must've lagged.. is there anyway to like.. merge them?

maybe if you click edit on the other thread that doesnt have as many posts

you can then delete your starting post and it might delete the whole of the other thread
That's just Josh. Personally, I think the guy is awesome. Calling out hecklers is just his thing. Also, this is like a month or so old.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Ez0ph
Am I the only one here who thinks that kid was a douchebag for throwing a shoe at him?
You wouldn't cuss him out?

I think the kid was a douche for throwing the shoe at him, but he was equally (if not more) douchey for calling out a 14 year old kid just to get some cheers.

And I deleted the other copy of this thread, thanks for making me aware of that.
i'm pretty positive this is a gimmick. i've seen QOTSA 4 times. each time something was thrown at josh and he chewed the person out. and i've heard from others who have seen them live elsewhere of similar things happening.
#DTWD
Really, I mean you just don't do **** like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhx64vIAdtk&feature=related

That'll explain it for the most part. The kid was a douchebag and was going it for attention. That's what he got.

People really should know better by now, I mean Josh has been doing this for ages.

Let me dig up his response to this from a while ago...

This is mainly him just responding to people who were calling him a homophobe. I'm 100% with him on this.
Quote by Josh Homme

Member of the Peanut Gallery:

Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more **** than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury.

Homophobic? I'm in Queens Of The Stone Age for crissake... You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog... (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: - forgive me-. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us... Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,
Mr. Missundastood
A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing”
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by primusfan
i'm pretty positive this is a gimmick. i've seen QOTSA 4 times. each time something was thrown at josh and he chewed the person out. and i've heard from others who have seen them live elsewhere of similar things happening.

Maybe he's just the kind of person you want to throw stuff at? You know, like kent hovind.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe he's just the kind of person you want to throw stuff at? You know, like kent hovind.

...tru dat
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing”

lmao. 95% sure that's a mr. show reference.
#DTWD
Quote by InvaderTSN
Not a badass. He just cusses the kid out with schoolyard talk.

If he pulled an Axl Rose and lept at him, however, I would consider him a badass.

An Axl Rose? I'm pretty sure he didn't cut the gig short and run away?
Real men don't need sigs.
Quote by cheeseman3001

...tru dat

Shit I threw my computermouse at my screen just out of reflex!

Quote by frusciante_50
Or Hugh Jackman?

Oh I hate him so much
Quote by primusfan
lmao. 95% sure that's a mr. show reference.

My thoughts exactly, glad someone else got it!
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yes. He's Axl. He can do whatever he wants.

except make a decent song without Slash or Izzy!

personally i think he sounded kind of like a middle schooler "**** you faggot" type. if you are going to call out hecklers, do it quickly like Dave Mustaine does then go back to your show.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 3