i wanna put one of my DVDs onto my mp3 player (capable of playing video) but i'm not sure how to go about it. will copyright things on the DVD keep me from copying it to the mp3 player? i dont have an iPod it's a jwin one.

i don't know the process of making it work...

thanks
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Shouldn't the copyright stop you from putting songs on there aswell?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
well that's what i'm trying to figure out. i've already bought the dvd....so it's not like i'm stealing it. i just want it on my player. i know iPods can do it...but do they have to purchase the video off of iTunes or something? i didn't think they did
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Ya you have to buy movies off of itunes for the ipod, but you can buy software at best buy for like forty dollars that will convert dvd's onto your portable devices
Quote by Randacoustic93
Ya you have to buy movies off of itunes for the ipod, but you can buy software at best buy for like forty dollars that will convert dvd's onto your portable devices

What does buy mean?

Anyways, you could probably download a program instead of buying it, whatever that means.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.
f*ck a doodle doo, then that can wait. i'd sooner just get a bootleg off limewire than pay $40 for that garbage.

thanks for the info, if anyone knows a way around that feel free to post!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
you need to rip the dvd to a suitable file format, you may also need a dvd decryptor to get around the copyright stuff. Both these programs are free and should be easy enough to find.
first you need a dvd ripper program, then you need a program that will bypass the dvd's copyright stuff so that you can actually rip it, a good one is called something like 'css region free' and just search around for a dvd ripper. most rippers give you the choice of what file format the resulting file will be in so choose 'mp4' and your away
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Just find a program that converts the DVDs/files into MP4s, which is what iPods use.

He doesn't use an iPOD.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
most of those mp3/media player type things use mp4 format for videos
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
well i know i did convert some home made vids to wmv. format.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
ok so i take it your not really worried what file format its in if you have a converter, so all you need is a dvd ripper and a program that will by pass the dvd's copyright
how long does it take to rip a dvd? say a movie that's an hour and a half. i imagine it'll take a while...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
it all depends on your computer really, i havn't ripped any dvds in a while so i cant really remember but i think it used to take like 50 minutes or so