I have no trouble with most of the rest of the song, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to get those high notes played in the Pre-Chorus (Frey the strings…Throw the shapes…Hold your breath…Listen!)

Most things I check say to slide from 15 to 16 and then 9 to 10 on the top string, but it just doesn't sound right. Am I just doing it wrong?
Obligatory "My Gear" List
Crappy Fender Squier Strat (Got it from the strat pack I got when I first started)
Also crappy ~15 watt amp (^)
Line 6 Spider III (inb4flames)
Peavey Tracer (Got it from my uncle. Ftw )
Epiphone Les Paul (YEAAAAAH)
pinch harmonics possibly?
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
They're pinch harmonics... I've seen those tabs, and that part's wrong.
Last edited by Andrusho at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by Chanto
I have no trouble with most of the rest of the song, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to get those high notes played in the Pre-Chorus (Frey the strings…Throw the shapes…Hold your breath…Listen!)

Most things I check say to slide from 15 to 16 and then 9 to 10 on the top string, but it just doesn't sound right. Am I just doing it wrong?

Yes, they are pinch harmonics. Your best bet is to just experiment with different frets and different pinch harmonics to find the tight ones. Oh, and the part is doubled. There are two different guitars doing two different pinches.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")