Anyone?
As soon as I get some kind of feedback on this neck I'll let this thread die, I just need to know if these things suck or not.
Thanks!
Don't take my word for it, but I've heard they're great for the price.
Quote by TheEak
Don't take my word for it, but I've heard they're great for the price.

Thanks! Anyone else have any experience with these necks?
Honestly what kind of neck you think your gonna get for 40 bucks. Cheap asian import comes to mind. Like you you would find on one of those 100 dollar strat knock off many stores carry.
Quote by Tackleberry
Honestly what kind of neck you think your gonna get for 40 bucks. Cheap asian import comes to mind. Like you you would find on one of those 100 dollar strat knock off many stores carry.

Well I don't know, they're pickups sound awesome for 40 bucks, so you never know! haha
You know, I've been looking at these necks too and wondering how they could make it so cheap... Someone respond to this pl0x!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Just a thought. But how exactly is a neck cheap? I mean the wood can be low grade, but that doesn't really effect feel or sturdiness enough for it to be considered junk.

It is probably a decent neck. And making a neck for 40 bucks isn't out of the question, especially when you buy them in bulk and CNC machine those puppies in about 5 minutes each.

They are probably decent necks, if you don't like the feel, then modify it.
Quote by ohspyro89
Just a thought. But how exactly is a neck cheap? I mean the wood can be low grade, but that doesn't really effect feel or sturdiness enough for it to be considered junk.

It is probably a decent neck. And making a neck for 40 bucks isn't out of the question, especially when you buy them in bulk and CNC machine those puppies in about 5 minutes each.

They are probably decent necks, if you don't like the feel, then modify it.

Good point!
I have one. The back was unfinished, I did it up with some tung oil, fastest neck I have played.

It was twisted when I got it, so frets 19 - 24 on the high e string are all 24... pretty ****ty. I think I can fix it by tightening up the truss rod though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I have used several of the GFS necks. They are quite good, actually. What constitutes a good neck is not the cost, or country of origin. It is the quality of the materials and workmanship. These necks are as good or better than those put on MIM Fenders, Squiers, and aftermarket "Fender Licensed" necks such as Mitey Mite, Allparts, and Warmouth. If you buy a Warmouth or All Parts neck, it will be COMPLETELY unfinished (including the frets - you gotta file the ends down and level the frets yourself - for about $160). GFS necks, and a few other aftermarket "overseas necks" are cheap simply because of the cost of labor.

The GFS necks are made of hard rock maple, with rosewood or maple fretboards. They are very strong and stable. The frets are expertly finished, and the necks I bought came finished with the "vintage" color scheme (basically orange shellac, then a high gloss urethane finish). I believe the other posters who had problems with "twists" did not have the truss rods properly adjusted, or the neck/body pocket may have needed shimming. Trust me, you just don't slap a new neck on a guitaar body. You must set it up properly.

The headstocks are a funky shape, but no biggie!.. The tuning peg holes are drilled for vintage-sized tuners, so if you want to use modern style tuners, you will have to ream the existing holes to fit.

I hope this helps. Made in America snobs need to lighten up (just because it's on a Fender or Gibson don't necessarily make it good quality). jk
They're probably made in sweat shops directly for guitar fetish, which probably costs next to nothing to make.
The 2 warmoth necks I bought didnt need any fret work done to em. Im not knocking the asian workers they can do some really nice work when allowed to. I just know they like to cut alot of corners to keep the price down. The labor cost in places like china are beyond what we would think of as low. They even use people with brushes to paint the lines on the highway there. As the truck to do this job cost more than the wages of probably a 1k people. But I guess thats not cheap enough anymore all the companies in china are leaving and going to vietnam where wages are even lower.
^ lol china doesn't have highways silly. They're too poor.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ lol china doesn't have highways silly. They're too poor.

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.