Okay. I've been playing for a while (how long is irrelevant) and I've been learning theory for a while so I thought it was time to start making my own songs. I have made a few songs but they are all sort of pop-punk/punk-ish sort of stuff. I'm not saying this is bad or anything but I want more hard hitting stuff. More hard rock/hitting influence sort of thing. The stuff I right is to generic and I want to harden it up and spice my songs. The hard hitting stuff I'm talking aout is stuff like Vains of Jenna, My Chemical Romance, Lostprophets, Finch, Coheed and Cambria, UFO and the likes.

Is it possible if someone could give me soem tips how I could this?

P.S, I would be happy to delete this and repost it where apropiate if this is the incorrect forum
Analyse what the bands you want to sound like are doing differently to you. Learn their songs and apply what you learn to your own writing. I don't listen to the bands you listed so I can't be specific sorry.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
A lot of the "hard hitting" stuff is really just pop punk. Try different genres, more influence, more originality.
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Analyse what the bands you want to sound like are doing differently to you. Learn their songs and apply what you learn to your own writing. I don't listen to the bands you listed so I can't be specific sorry.

Hmmmm... I'll keep that in mind. I would love to do that especially (sp?) with Vains of Jenna but theres not many good tabs for there stuff. Specific story isn't needed. I knwo excactly what you man. Cheers dude
Quote by St.Loony
I would love to do that especially (sp?) with Vains of Jenna but theres not many good tabs for there stuff.
Then that's a great opportunity to learn some songs by ear
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Then that's a great opportunity to learn some songs by ear

Touché
I could come up with a riff by doign this

Thanks alot for your help man