Hey guys.
I recently bought an Epiphone Thunderbird and am happy with it.
I also decided i wanted to get serious with the bass.
I've been given a lot of good sites to help me with guitar, and they have.
I was just wondering if anybody knew of any good sites to get started with Bass?
thanks!
www.studybass.com

If wanted to get serious with the bass, why did you buy a Thunderbird?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
www.studybass.com

If wanted to get serious with the bass, why did you buy a Thunderbird?

it's better then the one i was borrowing from my friend, some brand never heard of and it sucks. This one plays like 20 times smoother than that last one. so i'm happy with it, thanks you very much.
activebass.com is alright also
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
www.cyberfretbass.com it's SPANKTASTIC!!!
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by JTruex
I recently bought an Epiphone Thunderbird and am happy with it.
I really want to sig this.

Judging from your post, if you play guitar and know theory then a lot of your basics for bass are covered. The only things that I can think of that you'd immediately need help in would be technique which is covered in some lessons on this site I believe. If you know theory, then learning songs is probably your best bet in learning the instrument.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Dan184
www.slappyto.net
i think. pretty goood

well i think theyr in a different language to me
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I like to think we're pretty good here...if you want to take it seriously you'd be better off getting some books and/or a teacher
Quote by smb
I like to think we're pretty good here...if you want to take it seriously you'd be better off getting some books and/or a teacher

+1

i was self taught for a few months and it did well

then last week i had my first bass lesson i really enjoyed it, it really helps when you can someone can show you how its dont right and stuff and tell you wat to learn etc.
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by smb

Agreed. I think we have quite a knowledgeable bunch. So we have personalities and opinions? It just makes it a bit more interesting.

For technique and theory, for me a teacher was vital. As I've said before, some people do well with the webpage/youtube/book route, for me I need the human touch, esp. to correct bad technique and also help me to push to the next level in playing.

And there's list of books buried somewhere 3/4 of the way into the FAQ thread btw. .
Quote by anarkee
Agreed. I think we have quite a knowledgeable bunch. So we have personalities and opinions? It just makes it a bit more interesting.

For technique and theory, for me a teacher was vital. As I've said before, some people do well with the webpage/youtube/book route, for me I need the human touch, esp. to correct bad technique and also help me to push to the next level in playing.

And there's list of books buried somewhere 3/4 of the way into the FAQ thread btw. .

*sniggers*

Edit: I deserve a medal.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Last edited by Nutter_101 at Jul 30, 2008,
Chris, you know I put that in there just for you.

The other site I would recommend not for lessons but general knowledge is the companion site to studybass.com: http://www.tunemybass.com.
Quote by anarkee
Chris, you know I put that in there just for you.

The other site I would recommend not for lessons but general knowledge is the companion site to studybass.com: http://www.tunemybass.com.

Check my edit. I just made it so much better.

To keep my posts vaguely topical and ensure I make sense, I'll back up what people have been saying.

As a community, we're a fairly knowledgeable bunch on most areas of bass playing. If you have a specific question to ask, we can help you out.

You can post in the FAQ to ask questions. However, make sure you search before you do ask us. Your question may have been (and probably will have been) answered before. We're all beginners once.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Last edited by Nutter_101 at Jul 30, 2008,
get a book. then you can reference it even when you're playing in your room or outside.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom