What is the easiest way to make a harmonized solo?(I guess you can call them that...?) You know, where one guitar plays a solo and it is dubbed over with another guitar playing the same melody but at a different pitch. I just want to know if there is an easy way to do this instead of playing not by note to see if it sounds good.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Diffrent note in the same key? It really depends o nthe mood of the song to decide what picth you won't the dubbed guitar.
Quote by St.Loony
Diffrent note in the same key? It really depends o nthe mood of the song to decide what picth you won't the dubbed guitar.

Any techniques you have to share would be helpful. Just anything you know would be cool.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
It's gonna take away the effect if you harmonize the entire thing. Try to make a second harmonized solo, or a harmonized bit at the end, or else it'll sound like dragonforce.

I'm pretty good at it, but since I'm not to well versed in theory I can't explain it to you.
There's also many different harmonies to use as well.

Personally, I might do something like this

--11-12-14--|Harmony:--14-16-17
--14-16-17--|Harmony:--17-19-21 etc. These would be a high harmonies to me

----------16-19-16----------| ---------19-23-19-----------------------
------17-------------17------|------21-------------21---------------
--16---------------------16--|--20---------------------20------------
-------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------|
-----------------------------| Harmony

Hope this helps. Sorry I can't explain better.
Last edited by lylewithans182 at Jul 29, 2008,
try playing higher or lower by 3rds?
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by lylewithans182
It's gonna take away the effect if you harmonize the entire thing. Try to make a second harmonized solo, or a harmonized bit at the end, or else it'll sound like dragonforce.

I'm pretty good at it, but since I'm not to well versed in theory I can't explain it to you.
There's also many different harmonies to use as well.

Yeah, I know. I was going for something in the last bits of the solo to harmonize. I don't like solos that are COMPLETELY harmonized. It gets old after awhile. Random harmony is pretty cool too.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
try playing higher or lower by 3rds?

Hmm. I think I tried that one time and it came out weird for some and great for others.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Generally people use 3rds or 5ths to harmonize.

There are lessons here on UG about it.
harmonize in octaves, thirds, 4ths, 5ths, or you can have solos in the same rhythm but with the notes being in all different intervals. no matter what you do you need to have fun with it and make it interesting. listen to children of bodom duel guitar rhythms, machinehead solos, dragonforce, even trivium or metallica or any number of artists as such these are more mainstream but they get hte point across