Page 1 of 6
saw this on collegehumor. name a band, describe two very different fans

examples

Pearl Jam

True Fan: They incorporate so many styles, there's classic rock, punk, post-punk. They are socially and politically relevant. And you can tell they just love to play music, man, without getting caught up in all the corporate BS.

Frat Boy Fan: Dude, just, dude, bro, shut up and put on Black. You know I friggin' rock that song! I sound just like Eddie Vedder, listen bro, listen.

The Shins

Long-Time Fan: This is great pop music. They are almost a throwback to '60s rock. Catchy and melodic, it's fun music but is also really relatable.

Fan Who Saw Garden State: I totally saw Garden State.

Journey
Your Parents: This music speaks to me and my entire generation. It's just about livin' and lovin' baby. Livin' and lovin' in a little place called America.

You: Everybody! Get in here, stand around. Seriously, no, seriously, everybody get in here. You know a party is not a party until...Just a small town girl!

Eminem
Hip Hop Fan: Nobody can mess with his flow, even when he's experimenting he's on another level. He's got crazy interior rhyme schemes and his wordplay and metaphors are sick!

14-Year-Old Girl: Look at him, he's so cute! Look at his eyes, baby blue, baby just like myself.

Miley Cyrus

14-Year-Old Girl: You know she's my age, right? She would, like, totally hang out with us. We should go to her concert and find her, we'll be besties for-ev.

45-Year-Old-Man: Mmmm, yeah Miley, look over that shoulder at me. You naughty girl, you. I bet I came in and you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing. Did I catch you being bad? Do you need a spanking?

Weezer
Old Weezer Fan: Their songs are just so truthful, they speak to me. That's me, in my garage with the stuff that I love just day-dreaming away.

New Weezer Fan: I do not exist.

EDIT: First, i didn't do these (although there are several of my contributions later). You guys should make an honest effort to be FUNNY. Don't just pick a band you like, make one side a thinly veiled complement to yourself, and the other your view of the "posers." On that note, i helps to chose a band your pretty impartial towards.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Aug 13, 2008,
lmao, miley cyrus
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
...hmm.intresting
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
metallica

hardcore fan :F***in' thrashin out man!!!! HELLZ YEAHH!!!!

new fan:, i got 100% on One in guitar Hero 3, its the best song ever

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
wow, weezer has fans?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
no amount of +1's can explain how much i agree with all of that. should add green day, compare the crowd from 15 years ago who listened to it because they just sounded good to the crowd of angsty 12 year old boys who listen to it because they feel "punk" and rebelish.
Quote by sam_brault
metallica

Tell me about it....

Slipknot

True Slipknot fan: SHUT THE **** UP. lol im 12 and slipknot own ur ass u ****in pussy lol go listen to ur ****ty music.*goes to annoy other YouTubers*

Rare Slipknot fan : I like Slipknot for the music and I don't care what anyone else says. I don't care if it's "real" metal or not. I like it.
Last edited by YourDad at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by YourDad
Tell me about it....

Slipknot

True Slipknot fan: SHUT THE **** UP. lol im 12 and slipknot own ur ass u ****in pussy lol go listen to ur ****ty music.*goes to annoy other YouTubers*

Rare Slipknot fan ( Like me ) : I like Slipknot for the music and I don't care what anyone else says. I don't care if it's "real" metal or not. I like it.

You are so far up your ass right there.

True AC/DC fan: old fat biker
New AC/DC fan: guy who thinks that old fat bikers are cool
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Thanks.

I just feel like I'm the only one.
Quote by YourDad
Thanks.

I just feel like I'm the only one.

NP dude, I actually have never even met a Slipknot fan (Slipknot is the kind of band that people just laugh about 'round here).
Eh, you're probably a nice guy
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
NP dude, I actually have never even met a Slipknot fan (Slipknot is the kind of band that people just laugh about 'round here).
Eh, you're probably a nice guy

True Guitarist: Dude i finally got down my sweep picking technique

GH guitarist: psh i sweep all the time in through the fire and flames on expert!!1!!1 LOLzZZL!!
Quote by Epiphany521

GH guitarist: psh i sweep all the time in through the fire and flames on expert!!1!!1 LOLzZZL!!

lmao, couldnt be more true
im gonna buy you a steak

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by Epiphany521

i have a friend like this. Is awesome at GH, but thinks it translates over to real guitar. Daddy bought him a Gibson Flying V and he chooses to play a $150 ebay BC Rich that sounds like garbage compared to the gibson. Also thinks he's god at guitar because he can play nickelback/3 days grace/insert other modern rock band with easy guitar lines. I'm waiting for him to try and challenge me somehow in guitar so i can just shut him the hell up.
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Quote by danielrobbyshor
wow, weezer has fans?

...Says the person that listens to +44.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Guns N Roses:

Slash fan: It's a shame such a great band broke up, but at least Slash remains active in the music world!

Axl fan: I can't wait for Chinese Democracy!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by sam_brault
metallica

100% perfection
FIJI

Avril Lavinge:
Old Fans: Dude, she's cool n i really like her songs and music.
New Fans: *Fap Fap Fap*

Paramore:
All fans: Dude check out Paramore. Haley Williams is so ****ing hottt!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The true Pearl Jam fan has it right... especially the last bit. They go over concert time at a lot of their gigs even though they know it'll cost them. It cost them $15,000 IIRC at the Garden.

Pearl Jam are pretty good.
I love the lead guitarist (paul Mccready?). His solos are just brilliant especially at gigs. He absolutely rocks!! Love the song "Nothing as it seems", the guitar solos in that song are just amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg
Quote by af_the_fragile
Pearl Jam are pretty good.
I love the lead guitarist (paul Mccready?). His solos are just brilliant especially at gigs. He absolutely rocks!! Love the song "Nothing as it seems", the guitar solos in that song are just amazing!

Mike McCready. Him and Stone Gossard are two of the most underrated guitarists ever. And Stone stills gigs even though he has Crohn's Disease.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Mike McCready. Him and Stone Gossard are two of the most underrated guitarists ever. And Stone stills gigs even though he has Crohn's Disease.

Can't tell much about Stone though his rhythms were pretty good.
But gotta say Mike McCready is seriously underrated. The stuff he pulls of at gigs and in the album is just amazing! Its just really good. He's not all shred shred shred and that what i really like about him. His leads and solos fit in with the song's atmosphere and emotions really well and they're just brilliant!
Rush:
Real Fan: Dude they evolve so well with music trends. This band will never cease to amaze.

Dude who's only heard 2112 and a few songs off Signals: WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THE LAME ASS KEYBOARDS? And i wonder if this singer chick is hot...
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Long time Pantera fan: Phil has a great vocal range, and his lyrics really speak for people like me and my friends! Dimebag was a great guitarist with some pretty inspiring leads! I love Vinnie's double bass and his thick snare!

New Pantera fan: RIP DIME RIP DIME RIP DIME PHIL IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE
lets see

atmosphere

college students in debt and friends in jail

and wiggers, there another story
True Yngwie Fan:

Fake Yngwie Fan:

"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by danielrobbyshor
wow, weezer has fans?

dude...
weezer is ****ing awesome
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Weezer's guitar ain't exactly shred, but I actually enjoy their music tbh.

True Green Day fan: I loved Basket case, and the bassline to longview is great!

Fake Green Day fan: Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by af_the_fragile

Avril Lavinge:
Old Fans: Dude, she's cool n i really like her songs and music.
New Fans: *Fap Fap Fap*

Paramore:
All fans: Dude check out Paramore. Haley Williams is so ****ing hottt!!!

So true. I only like Hayley's voice with Say Anything though.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by slashvr45
dude...
weezer is ****ing awesome

+ Mother****in' 1
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks