Could someone please help me out i have an Line 6 Spider 3 HD75 head and a Line6 cab and i was wondering how to get some better tones out of it. I have a great metal core/mathcore tone. but how can i get a good blues/jazz tone as well as a good clean tone.
well i have the combo version... for blues/jazz, use the blues red setting. It's based on a combination of '59 Bassman and... '64(?)(I think) Deluxe Reverb. It reponds fairly well if you're going for tht guitar-thru-bass amp jazz sound. Be generous w/ your bass knob, and tailor the mid and high for whatever sound you're looking for. As for clean... idk, mine gets a pretty good tone pretty much any way you set it. You can try messing w/ the distortion control, it thickens the sound up some. If you're looking for like a modern metal kinda clean, just use the metal red setting w/ no distortion. This is pretty basic stuff so if i wasn't helpful, I'm sorry, rofl. If you give me some specifics on what you're looking for I can probably help better
i have the four channel version and ah i want like a SRV style blues jazz tone. and in terms of clean i want like an almost acoustic ish clean
ahh...
Well I have the like 12-channel one... I really wish I could help you more bro... I would have to get back to you on the blues tone

As for clean... I understand what you mean. I haven't found a setting that has a lot of dimension to it yet, rofl. You MIGHT try beefing up the bottom end, maybe driving it a little more (dist knob), and adding some reverb, but tht's just something you might TRY, idk how well it'll work, lol.
Quote by erikdelay
i have an Line 6 Spider 3 HD75 head and a Line 6 cab

There, I believe, is your problem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

you have a point, and the spider 3 cleans are kinda crapy. But try using a chorus effect with it
The spiders arent very tone specific. They are jacks of many tones but dont do a good job at any particular one. Trying to get a SRV analog tube tone out of a digital modelling amp wont work so good. Just the breaks of buying a spider.
Ehhh its gonna be very hard for you to find a good blues tone. in my opinion, those spiders are only good for one thing: insanely high gain distortion. The rest just dont add up, and the effects are terrible. But either way..try going on the crunch channel and turning down the gain a bit. The cleans on the spider just do not have any gain to them whatsoever, its pathetic and lifeless.
Quote by oneblackened

hahah cause your amp is so much better xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
hahah cause your amp is so much better xD

I never said my amp was good, numbnuts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No need to get offensive there oneblackened.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks