I use an agile al-2000,boss ds-1 and a Roland micro cube and both of them rock i love my al2000
but 4 some reason i cant a get a good distortion setting, the distortion i usually get is too muddy and cant rlly comprehend it i guess.

My cube amp settings
Gain:around 2 o'clock
tone:around 5 o'clock
volume 12 oclock
r-fier setting(without ds-1)
no effects

i figured id back off the tone a bit but all it did was make it sound even more muddy
i tried almost every setting i could think of

now with the ds-1 i got a decent setting for soad songs i play but for like punk and hard rock not as good i want a sound similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWro0Y4REs

what do u guys think is it the pickups?/amp/guitar?
It may be your amp. maybe change to a tube amp?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
cant afford i gotta pay 90% of my money towards my car
but that 10% i save can get me a 100-120$ amp
what do u think will give me a sound like that?
I'd say save up and buy a cheap tube amp.
If you search craigslist and ebay alot you might be able to find a used valveking 112 or something similar for around $200.
In the short term, you could buy a better distortion pedal, but that would just set you back on your way to the amp...
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
200$ is gonna take me like 4 months probably lol
i dont feel like waiting that long, what about raven amps?
This might sound stupid but maybe your not using your bridge pickup. When I use my cube it never gets muddy it usually sounds a little bit on the trebly side. Although I do find on the classic stack channel that it does get muddy with higher gain. Thats why I stick with the Brit Stack and Rectifier settings for distortion.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
the problem could be there's no mid knob on the microcube. mids = clarity, so maybe get an eq pedal like the fish and chips or an mxr .
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.