So i'm looking to buy guitar strings but i don't know which electric guitar strings sound the best. Any suggestions? and what are the prices for the strings?

oh and i have a Fender Stratocaster

I had these guitar strings on my guitar that i have gotten when i had my guitar bridge set up and the action lowered, but i don't remember what string company they were. But they sounded AMAZING .

Thank you.
Last edited by xsandrax at Jul 29, 2008,
I personally use Ernie Ball Super Slinky's (the ones with the pink cover). I got them with my Jackson and they sound amazing, plus all my favourite bands use these types of strings.
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
strings are like 5 bucks. i personally use d'addario .011-.049, strings are all preference though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The difference between the popular string brands is fairly minimal, and it's really down to preference. Just try a few different brands out to see what you like. I like Ernie Balls on my Gibson and GHS Nickel Rockers on my Fender, for instance.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by FlyingV666
I personally use Ernie Ball Super Slinky's (the ones with the pink cover). I got them with my Jackson and they sound amazing, plus all my favourite bands use these types of strings.

+1 but they are on my fender strat
ddarrio 10's on my strat
yellow super slinky 10's on my lp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Daddario 10-46 / GHS Progressives 10-46 / Rotosound Yellow 10-46 for my RG.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I use regular slinkys (yellow) or hybrid slinkys (orange) if I'm feeling different for the day.