im trying to add finger tapping to a song im writing, but dont know if theres a certain way to do it, im in f major... do i just tap notes in the key? and hammer on/off...

i would have googled this more but i dont really know what to type, all i find is HOW TO LEARN HOW TO FINGER TAP i already know how i just want to know whats behind it, what notes i hit etc... so i can add it to my song, thanks alot
Quote by burrrandon
im in f major... do i just tap notes in the key? and hammer on/off...

yes.

try to arpeggiate chords
Quote by burrrandon
can i get a example please.

Theory comes in here. Learn it. Learn the chords that are in key, if they fit the progression, then add them.
Add it the same way you would add any other notes... It'll probably just be larger intervals between them.
you should probably do some research into how your guitar heroes do it, just think about the sound you want out of it first and then figure out how to play it. Just make sure it fits with the song and you're not just throwing in tapping for the heck of it
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Honestly the best way to learn is to try out different things for yourself and see what works / sounds good.

If the song is in F Major, you could try tapping notes from the F Major scale, or even from the B flat minor scale (relative minor) for a different sound.

As I said try different things out and see what works.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
hmm if you are in major try using the tonic M3 and 5th

so on your guitar on the E (high) string try

e| 13 17 20t 13 17 20t

grouped in triplet or different variations, going down or trying a classical technique (which i cant remember)

1st 5th 3rd 5th in which case u wouls use semiquavers or faster depending on what you are going for)
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
Honestly the best way to learn is to try out different things for yourself and see what works / sounds good.

^what I do. I play very aggressive leads and just throw in some tapping parts every once in awhile usually ascending up the neck... I don't know any theory though so I just go with what sounds good.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by Leper_Messiah_

If the song is in F Major, you could try tapping notes from the F Major scale, or even from the B flat minor scale (relative minor) for a different sound.

I don't understand this. B flat is major in the key of F. The relative minor is D, but playing in D minor wouldn't make a different sound. Is this a mistake or a real trick?
Quote by Leper_Messiah_

As I said try different things out and see what works.

uh.....B flat isnt the relative minor of F major.....
D minor is the relative minor of F major.
B flat is the fourth not of the scale, not the 6th.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic