Hey, if you guys could check out the Dani California cover on my profile and let me know what you think I would appreciate it. Every guitar part was done by me, and I also did the vocal melody on the guitar. I got the bass and drum track from www.guitarbackingtracks.com.

Thanks
Last edited by luuuuuuukee at Jul 29, 2008,
sounds good. i was surprised to hear the guitar playing the vocals, but its actually pretty cool. I may have to try that myself.
Quote by randomhero93
its pretty cool, but you left out the last part of the solo...

i know. I'll learn it eventually and put it up. I just started on this song yesterday, and I learned the solo right before recording.
Really gotta turn the volume up on this one, eh?

The guitar as the vocal track was an interesting touch, I wasn't a big fan of it, but it's still pretty cool. Maybe if you like add more to it, some bends, vibrato, etc.

You should beefen up your tone a bit too.
Other then that, not bad, just finish up that solo. :]

Crit mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919558
Dont be afraid to crank it up, the solo could really use some more distortion, but the rest of it was great. May I ask what your method of recording is?
Quote by Stillicide
Dont be afraid to crank it up, the solo could really use some more distortion, but the rest of it was great. May I ask what your method of recording is?

I put my guitar through a Digitech RP250 pedal and use the usb connection to record to audacity. It sucks that I can't use amp distortion, but I can't afford a mic.
Quote by luuuuuuukee
I put my guitar through a Digitech RP250 pedal and use the usb connection to record to audacity. It sucks that I can't use amp distortion, but I can't afford a mic.

Hehe, I use audacity as well.

Cept' I use a Rock Band mic (yea I said it) to record straight from my AMP to Audacity.

It's a horrid recording, but a recording none the less.
pritty cool. like the way you decieded to get creative and try doing a melody with the guitar, and it works well.