played a d 10 today and it was pretty nice. they were asking 450 for it. are they worth the money?
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
I own the 12 string model. It has help up fine over the past three years and it has a good tone for the price.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I payed 200 for mine about 3 years ago. I would not buy another one for even 200.

I think you can find better guitars for 450.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
$450?!? Ouch. That is way more than it should cost. Is it one of the exotic wood series D10s? Even so, they shouldn't be marking them up that high over the regular ones...
Quote by sunshowers
$450?!? Ouch. That is way more than it should cost. Is it one of the exotic wood series D10s? Even so, they shouldn't be marking them up that high over the regular ones...

really?
i probably should've mentioned that it is an acoustic electric and it's coming with a hard case.
It's still not worth it. If t was me, I'd save up another 100 or so and get an Epi Masterbilt, or maybe a Seagull.

But then again, if you really like it, then you should get what you like.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
It's still not worth it. If t was me, I'd save up another 100 or so and get an Epi Masterbilt, or maybe a Seagull.

But then again, if you really like it, then you should get what you like.

i'm glad i posted on here. you guys are awesome. i started looking at the epi's like you suggested and found the epi pr5-e. it looks beautiful. but i can't seem to find out of it's a laminate top or not. any advice on this guitar would be appreciated.

edit:
and i did some more price hunting on the d10 and i see the ones i was looking at starting at 400. that's from musiciansfriend, samash, guitarcenter, and a few other nobody sites.
Last edited by stackedxactor at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by stackedxactor
really?
i probably should've mentioned that it is an acoustic electric and it's coming with a hard case.
Yup, electronics make a big difference in price - at this price range, about $70-100 more than a regular acoustic, I'd guess.

i started looking at the epi's like you suggested and found the epi pr5-e. it looks beautiful. but i can't seem to find out of it's a laminate top or not. any advice on this guitar would be appreciated.
The PR5-E is all laminate. It won't be easy to find a good acoustic-electric at $300 - that's simply because a third of the price you're paying is for the electronics. Look at it as a $200 guitar with $100 worth of electronics slapped on.

It's worth saving up just a hundred or two more to get one with a solid top and just all around better quality. Even if you're going to play it plugged in most of the time (which most people won't anyway, unless they regularly play in front of audiences), a poor quality acoustic-electric will still sound cheap.

I'd recommend looking at Takamines as well - they are well-known for making great acoustic-electrics at reasonable prices.
I wouldn't pay $400 for the d10s. I got my d10sce (acoustic-electric) for $300CDN brand new
Quote by stackedxactor
i'm glad i posted on here. you guys are awesome. i started looking at the epi's like you suggested and found the epi pr5-e. it looks beautiful. but i can't seem to find out of it's a laminate top or not. any advice on this guitar would be appreciated.

I own an Epi Pr5e (black). It's all laminate. Just like you I bought it because I thought it looked awesome (and because I didn't know any better), but that's really all it's got going for it. I've had it for about a year now (it was my first guitar) and while I think it's served me well... I really caution you to go out and get a better guitar for the money. I'm going to agree with sunshowers in that, unless you're planning to play live an acoustic-electric at your price range isn't a good idea.

I bought a Seagull yesterday for $400 and I definitely think you should look into that brand. They're solid tops and they sound *gorgeous*.