I'm going to be making my own guitar this summer and plan on buying a pre-built bolt-on neck, probably from eBay (as the title says XD)

There is a company that sells a lot of guitar parts on eBay every once in a while called EDEN and I was wondering if anyone has bought one of their necks or has heard anything at all about the company.
i have a bolt on strat neck laying around if you wanna buy it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by RIP_bonham
@ derek: really? alright...do they sell paddle necks though, cause that's what I'm looking for

@ mikey: haha maybe, is it a reverse head?

nope just normal headstock. i'd let it go for cheap if you're really interested.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by mikeyElite
nope just normal headstock. I'll let it go cheap if you're really interested.

What condition is it in, fretboard wood, etc?

Im interested!
Quote by theskyline
What condition is it in, fretboard wood, etc?

Im interested!

its in perfect condition, barely ever used. maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 21 frets, anything else you want to know ?
Quote by mikeyElite
its in perfect condition, barely ever used. maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 21 frets, anything else you want to know ?

Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for! How much?
Quote by theskyline
Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for! How much?

how much are you willing to spend ?
Quote by theskyline
About 50-60 bucks..

how does 50 + 10 for shipping sound ?
Quote by mikeyElite
how does 50 + 10 for shipping sound ?

Sounds awesome! Can I pay through paypal?
Quote by theskyline
Sounds awesome! Can I pay through paypal?

i dont have paypal but you can email me at mikeyelite72@yahoo.com and we can work something out.
Well we were thinking (my dad is helping design and build this with me) of doing a firebird, so we were planning on seeing what came up on ebay. But we havent really decided yet on what we want, other than we know a paddle headstock would be prefereable so we could do the firebird head ourselves.

A couple things we were thinking were of a mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard, or maple with rosewood, or even going completely original and doing maple with maple. We are still undecided though.
sounds cool. i dont do finish work, that will be on you guys if you want the maple, if you want it. i dont finish my maple. paddle headstock is fine. I do all of my necks two pieces though.. basically makes the wood impossible to bend/warp so it will last pretty much forever. plus it gives you a permenant accurate center-line. basically what i do is i take my neck stock... rip it right down the center.. flip one board over 180 degrees, then hand-plane and reglue it... the opposition of the grain (since you flipped one over) makes the neck impossible to bend/warp without some serious pressure.

like that...
Right ya thats what were gonna do for the body too, so it doesn't warp. Although the neck is more important to not warp i guess. unfinished is fine. My dad isn't home right now but I'll ask him what he thinks would be best and then we could decide and I'll get back to you.
sounds good. mahogany kind of sucks for necks though, i really dont recommend it. i could do you another rosewood neck too, it will cost about 15 bucks more though... or a solid bloodwood neck... check these out :

What exactly are the tonal characteristics of bloodwood? I've always wondered.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Ya I've wondered about that too XD
Those actually look really good, even the maple one a couple posts back, almost a flame look to it. The reason we were thinkin about mahogany is that is what Gibsons are made with.
I'll relay the idea of rosewood or bloodwood to my dad when he gets home (he's playing golf) but how do those sound in comparison to maple or mahogany?
I don't think that neck wood makes a noticeable tonal difference. Body and fingerboard wood are more important. I'd choose a neck based on what you like the feel and look of. Mahogany is not nearly as strong as maple or rosewood.

@LP, that rosewood neck is so hot right now. Must resist temptation to order one for the tele build I can't afford...
Ya thats what I figured.
Well I have an Epiphone SG now and I'm just gonna go ahead and assume its a mahogany neck, and I like the way it feels, so I think that it would be smart to go with what I like right?
Do you have any problems with making a mahogany neck or are there any extra costs?
(Surprisingly, my dad is still out...)
the neck tone theoretically would make alot more difference than the body wood since it is what carries most of the vibration, but it doesnt matter what the hell you build it out of, its about the piece of wood itself. bloodwood is a dense hardwood with wide open grain, so it will get the best of both worlds. Open grain = warmth... density = brightness. much like rosewood.