nor sound the same
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Don't feel the same? Hell, they're much more far apart than that. Lower actions on electrics, lighter gauges, strings closer together, narrower fretboard, different sound etc etc.

You CAN do it, but it's not the wisest thing to do.
Hmm... Isn't classical even easier to press down than electric?

Anyway... I don't think it would be the best idea to learn classical on an electric guitar. Each guitar has it's own stylistic vibe to it. To play classical on an electric just isn't quite right.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
No, classical is definitely harder on the fingers than electric. Though steel strings are worse than classical guitars.
Quote by Mister_noodle
would I be able to learn classical guitar on an electric, just wondering.

Not very easily, sorry. There are just a number of techniques that work so much more easily on nylon string guitars with a wider neck and string spacing. On the other hand, a classical nylon string guitar can usually be found fairly cheaply in used bins...
Quote by Captaincranky
dspellman I couldn't help but notice, they baited you with a nine year old thread.

ARRRRRGH!!!!! I HATE when that happens.

---Stands in corner, fists balled, grumbling at the wall---

I honestly think that "recommended threads" should either be eliminated or the threads themselves closed by the moderators anyway.
dspellman Ya know, if it were only that easy. Sometimes a noob gets a little gung ho, and answers a 10 old original post. Other times they're liable to augment the thread by reiterating a similar question on top of the OP. Sometimes the topics are timeless.

The easiest thing to do, is read the hit count on the thread first, and use your best judgment as to whether to answer and contribute, or simply call 'necro'..

Even admonishing a poster to start his or or her own thread is assistance...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 1, 2017,
Quote by dspellman
Not very easily, sorry. There are just a number of techniques that work so much more easily on nylon string guitars with a wider neck and string spacing. On the other hand, a classical nylon string guitar can usually be found fairly cheaply in used bins...

Didn't figure you one to bump such an old thread!
My God, it's full of stars!
It is not near the top of the list for developers, no

Don't worry, us mods have brought it up before.
My God, it's full of stars!