Hello, my name is Kevin Doucette and I would very much appreciate it if you would listen to some songs I recorded. A lot of effort was put into these and I think they came out quite well, however I would like to get some feedback. I would describe it as hardcore music for people who actually enjoy life. There are no vocals, but I think none are needed. Some of my influences are: Zebrahead, Joe Satriani, Streetlight Manifesto, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, and Sonic the Hedgehog. Any criticism or comments are very much welcome!

http://www.myspace.com/kevindoucette
Instantly attracted to your thread - I do rock instrumentals myself. Check me out if you want, but note that mine aren't nearly as "hard" as yours.

Freeuss - Great sound you got on the lead guitar and synth, the constant multi-instrument lead parts make it seem like a VERY successful jam session. The bass also sound nice; however, the power chording guitar is a bit too fuzzy for my liking (I speak of the sound... I don't imagine your guitar is very fuzzy). Nice upbeat tune.

Supah Fuzz - I can't really say specifically what is wrong with this so I'll just say that I don't like the composition. The main lead guitar riff just sounds forced, the drums sound out of place, and the entire song doesn't flow very well. Other than the aforementioned lead riff, all the parts of the song are well-written; however, I don't think they go well together. On a positive note, you are good at playing your instruments.

Storm Chaser - Contrary to the above song, I like the drumming and flow of this song. It has the think atmosphere that I hope was intentional (I liked it). Great huge guitar solo, and the thunder ending is perfect. This is my favorite of yours.

Overall - You are a great player of instruments, and your songs are great when you aren't just taking a random assortment of parts and sticking them together. I think you'd do well to loop a few chord patterns and play lead, see where you get from there. Keep it up!
That's pretty badass dude. I really like it.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I'm liking the sound of the synth leads you've got in "Freeuss", and the little bass solo in the middle. I'm not a fan of the guitar tone though. A nice little jam.

"Supah Fuzz" sounds fun at first, but after a little while it gets irritating...I don't know why. I think it just gets kind of repetitious. At first it's pretty catchy, but then...not so much. I think if you changed things up a bit more it would sound a lot better.

I'm liking the rain in "Storm Chaser". This track sounds a lot better than the first two in my opinion. It kept me interested throughout with some interesting leads and drums that carry the song throughout (without sounding boring).

I'm liking the stuff overall. As a warning - be careful of the attention span of the average listener. "Supah Fuzz" wore through my attention span by the end, so try to ensure that your listener doesn't end up irritated by the end of the song.