Alright, so i want to learn theory i already know the basics so where should i go to next?
and what threads should i check out for theory?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
do you know how to construct major, minor, and diminished chords? Do you know seventh chords [major, minor, dominant, half and fully diminished]?

do you know your mode shapes?
yea i know the modes and should i go to lessons on ug or are there any threads that are good for theory b/c lessons are confusing to find what your looking for.
and i think i know how to construct chords i get how to make triads but like for example, so a A7 chord would be A, C#, E, and then G, right
and then for minor the third is down a half step?
dom. 7 i believe the 7th is flat and minor 7th the third and seventh are flat and then minor seven flat 5 is third, fifth, and seventh are flat?
so i think i know how to construct basic chords so what next?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Start learning how to use the basics. Theory knowledge is pretty moot unless you actually know what to do with it. It's something you learn to improve your all-round playing and understanding of the instrument, not something you'd really learn for its own sake.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 30, 2008,