I was reading earlier that a cube is better for metal/rock and that an EVJ cant really do that and is more of a classic rock/bluesy sound. supposing i wanna get a new amp then which would be better because ive heard both opinions and that an EVJ can do metal and stuff so input?
EVJ can do metal with a few mods. what is your current amp?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
frontman 15g... guitar is a squier strat but ive been convinced to up amp before guitar
yeah. amp up. EVJ can do high gain with an OD pedal and some mods. if you want a decent amp for hi-gain, get the Cube. what music do you play?
led zepplin metallica... some assorted metal and shred. i also play a few pop/punk songs but thats just for fun not challenge.
if you look at the situation in the long term, you WILL eventually want to upgrade away from the cube. and once you do, the cube will most of its value to you. However the VJ is, and will remain a very solid, very moddable great sounding low wattage amp that you will enjoy even after your taste in amps has been refined. a far better long term investment.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
if you look at the situation in the long term, you WILL eventually want to upgrade away from the cube. and once you do, the cube will most of its value to you. However the VJ is, and will remain a very solid, very moddable great sounding low wattage amp that you will enjoy even after your taste in amps has been refined. a far better long term investment.

like i said, with a few mods, the EVJ could do metal. TS, if you're willing to spend some cash for upgrades, get the EVJ.
hm ok. so what mods and such would music like what i want to play require? im thinking of getting some kind of pedal like the metal muff to go with the VJ cuz people said that VJ by itself isnt very distorty unless modded or cranked
well it sure looks interesting XD

EDIT: in the sound clip it sounds kinda cool. i actually really like it.
Last edited by nolifeXD at Jul 30, 2008,
haha yeah. the zombie is a great pedal in my opinion. people are just more comfortable sticking with brands they know like boss.
every key
every secret

well i dont know much. most of the buzz i hear about pedals adn stuff is always like oh this pedal is better than a boss. seems that the noname brands are doin ok. and the rat doesnt sound quite like what i want. nice bluesy classical rocky tune type thing though. on one of em at least.

EDIT: oh yeah do you play that rocktron thing through an EVJ?
Quote by staticoverdub

+1
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
haha, no not yet. i have an EVJ at home. I got the zombie in japan. i was using with a guyatone GA-1000 which is a jazz amp. not the best combination. it's in the mail to here right now. im pretty excited to play with it. ive got my VJ hooked up to a 300w 412 triggerman and it will sound great with the zombie.
every key
every secret

thats the one. it's COLOSSAL. like... huge. 80 pounds. but it looks (and sounds, more importantly) hot with the VJ

every key
every secret

yeah. ive got 2 VJ heads hooked up in stereo. im waiting for my pedal board to get here from japan. gonna do some crazy delay stuff. oooo so yummy.
every key
every secret

sounds cool. so you think if i just get the EVJ combo itll be good? or is the head any diferent?

EDIT: hey i saw yo got an RG. i was thinking of getting one too. recommended by someone else. how is it?
Last edited by nolifeXD at Jul 30, 2008,
Yeah that's just the head. I looked up the triggerman also and it's no longer available. the next thing I get for my Vj is going to be a 4x12 cab.

edit; I have both you give up a bit of volume and some lowend, but they are basically the same.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Jul 30, 2008,