I'm writing this english short story about a boy and girl and I came up with a line "I ask you for your hand." Is that line a little weird or is it alright?

Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.
I'm on the pavement, thinkin' 'bout the government.
its ok, if your in 1924
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
erm, depends really, if your story is set a while back it might work. im not sure about todays standards. it mainly applies when asking parents however.

example:
man: "I ask for your daughter's hand (in marriage is sometimes added)".
prospective father in law: "Yes, certainly".

i find it a huge cliché when the answer is something like, "are you good enough for my daughter" or something like that
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I occasionaly talk like I'm from old tymes, throwing an odd word in or two.

if you like it, do it to it. **** everybody else.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
also, sweet db cooper avatar
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
If a latin guy says it and the setting is a ballroom dance then its fine. Otherwise its probably not great.
Only if he cuts off her hand with a chainsaw when she says yes.
Otherwise, no.
Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to.
You should write

"please take my hand in courtship".

Yes, I use the word courtship.