For recording, my plan is to:

Use a coord from the extension speaker out on my peavey classic 30 and run it into my laptop's sound card.

Then mix the original song with my guitar part and see how it sounds.

Only thing is my sound card is real garbage, and does even worse in linux. Recording is very noisy from my micro cube, haven't tried the peavey yet.

How do you guys record using the computer?
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
microphone ftw!
Quote by wizards?
He's today's tom sawyer, he just gets high on you... He doesn't tell stories anymore

Quote by Hoffydoodle
I love you my Friend
have an E-Cookie

Have a wonderful day =)
Quote by mlfarrell
For recording, my plan is to:

Use a coord from the extension speaker out on my peavey classic 30 and run it into my laptop's sound card.

Then mix the original song with my guitar part and see how it sounds.

Only thing is my sound card is real garbage, and does even worse in linux. Recording is very noisy from my micro cube, haven't tried the peavey yet.

How do you guys record using the computer?

Yeah, you're absolutely right man, it's the sound card that's the issue. You'd want to look into a specialized audio replacement sound card or an audio interface, which are essentially the same thing. You'd also be much better off investing in a microphone, so give us an idea of the most you're willing to spend on you're setup, and we'll direct you towards an interface with pre-amps, and a mic.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
Do NOT run the speaker out to anything other than a speaker. Doing this will damage your amp and sound card.

if you dont havea record or line out on that amp you will need to use a mic such as the Shure SM57.

The Micro cube sounds best if you run from the record output jack at the back of the amp directly to an interface line input.

As for getting it into the computer, its best to use an audio interface of some kind which is a sound card made to record and is usually external. IF your laptop doesnt have a firewire port go with USB but stick with 2.0 USB interfaces such as the EMU 0202 or 0404.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 30, 2008,