I haven't posted in The Pit in quite some time so whether this thread still flies or not is a mystery to me. I've read the rules and everything but this specific topic seemed kind of vague.

I'll just try my luck. If the thread gets locked/deleted or whatever. My bad.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Noise Rock. Like, day and night its all I've been blasting. I want more, it's not always easy to find (though I'll admit, it usually is). But, I like direct personal opinions from other listeners so I can really get what I'm looking for.

Bands like:

Big Black
Rapeman
One Dimensional Man
The Jesus Lizard
Scratch Acid
Unwound
Drive Like Jehu
Sebadoh
Shellac

Suggestions?
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
Quote by Maidenfan066
You need some Coheed therapy

I don't see what Coheed has to do with noise rock. I don't care how amazing Claudio's hair is, it won't satisfy my need for ugly distorted harmonics.

@Aqua

But, my friend, I already do! If it has Kim Deal in it, you bet I listen to it. Nice to you're on tonight, I was feeling lonely.
Wolf eyes
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Neutral Milk Hotel- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Brand New- The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (that might be a stretch, but try it)
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by leftybassdude
Wolf eyes

I've been hearing some mention of Wolf Eyes, a little here and there anyway. Listening on youtube, will return with results.

Quote by fenderfreak101
Neutral Milk Hotel- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Brand New- The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (that might be a stretch, but try it)

I thought NMH was more of the folk-rock variety, plus I already listen to them.
Last edited by STFU_Nao at Jul 30, 2008,
Flipper
Genre: Hardcore Punk/Grunge/Noise Rock
Years Active: 1979 - 1987, 1990 - 1995, 2005 - present

Butthole Surfers
Genre: Noise Rock/Punk/Experimental/Neo-Psychedelia
Years Active: 1981 - present
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by AtlantaHardcore
Flipper
Genre: Hardcore Punk/Grunge/Noise Rock
Years Active: 1979 - 1987, 1990 - 1995, 2005 - present

There we go. This is a pleasant surprise and definitely an addition to be made to my library.
Quote by STFU_Nao
There we go. This is a pleasant surprise and definitely an addition to be made to my library.

Flipper releases are hard to find. You can find their live album Blow'n Chunks on iTunes. Their debut album Generic (sometimes referred to as Generic Flipper) is available on Amazon through pepsistuff.com. I just finished downloading it track-by-track. I highly recommend it.

The Butthole Surfers entire catalog is also available on iTunes. Best Buy carries them as well.
I just found Generic through a blog. Clearly I plan to buy it, hard copies are important to me. But I'd at least like to listen to it now. So the download is running.

I'm already a Butthole Surfers fan.
Quote by STFU_Nao
I just found Generic through a blog. Clearly I plan to buy it, hard copies are important to me. But I'd at least like to listen to it now. So the download is running.

I'm already a Butthole Surfers fan.

Flipper just finished recording a new album with Krist Noveselic (Nirvana) on bass. All they have to do now is find a distributor. I haven't been able to ascertain any other information. Be sure to check their Wikipedia and AllMusic pages.
Will do, this band is definitely something for me to get into.
Quote by Arthur Curry
man i just can't seem to get into noise

Noise =/= Noise Rock

I'm not much for noise either.
I forgot to about the 30 second samples on iTunes and Amazon, respecfully.
What a wonderful invention those are.