I actually already know them.

They kind of bridge a gap between metal and post-rock.

I like them, but only know their newer stuff.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I've never listened to them but I've heard about them

I mainly remember them from that guy with the girly KISS shirt at their M-A page
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

This is pretty cool stuff. It sort of reminds me of Primordial and Isis (odd combo, I know). I'll definitely be looking into these guys.
Sounds like something I'd really like. I'll look into them.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I like their "Sounds Like" section on Myspace...

Sigur Rós goes metal!
- Metal News.de

The desert sessions are now taking place on the sweeping plains of Iceland!
- Lords of Metal E-zine

Sólstafir's music is like the sounds from the bedroom as Darkthrone rapes The Doors while fingerbanging Bathory.
-Imhotep.fi

Drums guitars ,bass, some vocals
-Svavar Austmann

Oasis, if they were a compleatly differant band, with different members playing different music
-The Heldriver

Sólstafir! Poor guys, you can hear it through the music how bad these guys feel. Those are not happy men playing that music! No this is not happiness!
-Elvar - Guitar player of Ask The Slave

Especially the bolded one.

This is a good band and I can see what Broadsword means about them sounding a bit like Primordial, mostly in the vocals.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Sounds interesting, I'll check them out later. Also, isn't Solstafir mentioned in Agalloch's Not Unlike The Waves?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
^That's like my favourite part of the song.

From Wiki- Sólstafir is the Icelandic word for radiating sun beams. Interesting, never would have guessed that.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I heard about them years ago... one of my friends loved them and listened to them constantly. Their old drummer Lazarus I think it was is the guy who did drums for Black Shining Leather.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
So apparently Solstafir is one of the... like 3 metal bands the festival I'm going to this summer was able to book, so I'm trying to get into them.

Just got through their latest album, and if I weren't playing DOA while listening I'd probably be sleeping now.
Absolutely nothing happening. The album felt like one big built-up to "Love Is The Devil".

Or am I missing something?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade