Anyone have finger exercises for strengthening your hands/fingers after you've stopped playing for a while? ..Or is there some sort of gadget made for this purpose?
Bring on the rush of prepubescent losers who answer with sexual innuendos.

that ones mostly for the hand

then there's this image i found as well, looks more like it'd be better for the fingers:
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Wow, there was a real answer before "fap".

What happened to the Pit?
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
playing scales and chromatics would probably be better than buying some gadget when you're looking at strengthening for guitar.
Quote by MyNameIsLame

Probably busy fapping...
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I actually have a finger excersize but its hard to describe without actually being able to show you. a piano player showed it to my old guitar teacher who showed me, what you do is make your hand look like letter e in this and just lift your ring finger up without moving any of the other fingers. Thats about as close as I can describe it without showing you so sorry if you don't quite get it all.
Quote by MyNameIsLame

Not all of us are douche fags.

And aye, it seems it'd be bette if you practiced finger speed, aswell as strength if you're looking to do hammer-ons, etc.
I've been known to rub and pinch my nipples for this exact reason. Not only does it improve hand strength, but its also a great time. Light a few candles, put on your favorite Beatles album, crack a bottle of a nice 1998 merlot, and rub yourself a little.
i was just looking for something to use at work when i'm bored really.. i practice scales, etc at home for the same reason
Finger exercises ehhh? Guitar Hero.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
I can tell you about that Gripmaster thing, I've got one..

I ordered it over the internet, but that's before I learned they sold them at my local guitar shop (so check there first), they work fantastic. I bought the middle strength (there is very-easy, easy, and medium for some reason.. I took Easy, it's the actual medium, hard doesn't exist with these guys I guess), and I just did it once a day (each 'session' consisted of me griping it until I literally couldn't squeeze it anymore), and after a week I noticed a huge difference. I recommend it.
----------------------------
----1----4----3----2------
-3----2----1----4---------

Play that and use you index, middle, ring and pinky. Lift a finger when you really have to.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by tona_107
playing scales and chromatics would probably be better than buying some gadget when you're looking at strengthening for guitar.

yup
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
They've had those grip things since the 30's (probably earlier). There's a reason people still use them today.. They strengthen your fingers and grip. I know it sounds stupid to some, but it actually does work (to a degree). It's still worth getting, imo.