So I have been playing bass for 10 years and I want to play a little guitar right now, but I do not know what kind of guitar I should get.

The two kinds of style I would play would be Stoner/Sludge/Desert Rock such as Pelican and the type of rock that John Frusciante and John Mayer play.

I'm clueless to what other specs I could say at the moment but I would prefer something that doesn't have a huge neck

My budget is $600ish
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Fender Stratocaster. Wide variety of tones, from rock to blues & jazz... Oh and John Mayer has a signature one, so if you can't play his style of music on a Stratocaster, I guess he can't, either.
What about an amp? Is there a separate budget for that, or is it included?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
the epiphone prophecy EM-2 EX is pretty versatile, in your price range, just check it out yo
Quote by StratoTele
Fender Stratocaster. Wide variety of tones, from rock to blues & jazz... Oh and John Mayer has a signature one, so if you can't play his style of music on a Stratocaster, I guess he can't, either.

What are you talking about?

Honestly, i'm not insulting, i'm just confused.

Yeah, you're looking for a Fender Stratocaster. All the way. Frusciante uses it, Mayer uses it, it's a very versitale gutiar. Go for it.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.