hey guys

i noticed my/my dad's acoustic and my bros acoustic only have 1 strap knob, why is this? i reckon two would make more sense :p
The other end of the strap would be tied to the neck/headstock.
One part of the strap goes on the "konb", and the other part is wrapped around the headstock (before the nut, under the strings).
Cause the traditional way to play the acoustic is to get a small rope and put tie it between the nut and tuners. Then tie into the other strap hole.
Some guitars have another strap peg on the heel, like sg style
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Because the body's so big, it's actually more comfortable to tie the end around the headstock than it is to have a knob at the top.
Quote by stringmagician
Because the body's so big, it's actually more comfortable to tie the end around the headstock than it is to have a knob at the top.

It's true. I had a second strap button installed at the heel of the neck but I think I might start tieing it on the headstock area from now on.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by stringmagician

I quite like the 2nd strap peg on my Taylor. Wrapping it over the headstock always felt a bit stiff and restricted for me. Just different preferences I suppose
Hi!

Sig Retired.