Hi ppl

My guitar is an ibanez SAS32EX and I'm about to get new pickups.

It has this true duo system thing were you can switch an humbucker to a single coil by lifting up the volume and/or tone knob.

I was wondering, if I buy new pickups, would this thing still work??? I really don't know.
Quote by kevC4
Hi ppl

My guitar is an ibanez SAS32EX and I'm about to get new pickups.
take good notes before you mess with any of the wiring.
this is a fairly new model and Ibanez has not released a wiring diagram for it yet.
if you screw up, you won't even be able to put it back to stock,
if you didn't make good notes of the present wiring.
we will NOT be able to help you.

Quote by kevC4
It has this true duo system thing were you can switch an humbucker to a single coil by lifting up the volume and/or tone knob.
separate push-pulls to single the pickups,
pull the volume to single the neck
pull the tone to single the bridge, right?
and this has a 3-way blade selector?

Quote by kevC4
I was wondering, if I buy new pickups, would this thing still work??? I really don't know.
probably. but it's an odd switching arrangement and the duosonics use a 3 coil arrangement. two coils stacked for the "single" and two side-by-side for the HB. and the colour codes are not common. figuring out what you have right now will be half the battle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I have the SAS36FM and I have the same doubt, the factory true-duo humbucker...just need to be replaced by something better

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

separate push-pulls to single the pickups,
pull the volume to single the neck
pull the tone to single the bridge, right?
and this has a 3-way blade selector?

This

Yes with 3blade selector

probably. but it's an odd switching arrangement and the duosonics use a 3 coil arrangement. two coils stacked for the "single" and two side-by-side for the HB. and the colour codes are not common. figuring out what you have right now will be half the battle.

Mmmm well is it possible to separate a humbucker into 2 single coils?

Becuase I found this yesterday while searching http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=color_codes and pickups have these north/south wireings. So I guess by playing with these wires it's possible but I'm not sure.
Last edited by kevC4 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by kevC4
Mmmm well is it possible to separate a humbucker into 2 single coils?
yes. you can use both coils in series like a normal HB or just one of the two for a sound similar to a SingleCoil.

the trick will be figuring out your existing wiring.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
yes. you can use both coils in series like a normal HB or just one of the two for a sound similar to a SingleCoil.

the trick will be figuring out your existing wiring.

Aaaaah so this true duo system will still work if I buy other pickups.

Well anyway I don't think I will install the humbuckers by myself, I'll probably go see a guitar tech for this cause I don't want to mess up anything.