Page 1 of 2
And I'm feeling really lousy, and I need really emotional songs that fit my mood right now. It can be a song with lyrics, or a purely instrumental guitar song that I could learn to play. I just want something that's sad/emotional, and which I can identify with right now. Do me a favour, pit?

EDIT: To all those people flaming me/calling me gay, I understand where you're coming from. I should man up, I'm a girl, you don't care, etc. And if i were in your position, I'd probably be saying the same things as well, just because I'm that kind of person.

But really, I just went through a pretty painful period. We've been together a year, and I really thought we had something special going on. I know what some of you are going to say at this point: grow up, get over it. I KNOW I'll get over it, this isn't my first break-up or anything like that. I KNOW that it'll get better, that I'll find someone new, that there will be others. I don't need all of you to tell me that; I've been through enough to know all that already. It's just that at this point in time, I just feel lousy. How many of you can honestly say that you never felt a thing, after ending a relationship with someone? This is temporary, and obviously I'll be fine pretty soon, but for now, I can't help myself feeling this way. Is it too much to ask, or is it terribly "gay", for me to just have some time to be feel sad over a failed relationship, before moving on?

And regarding those who're flaming me because I'm asking for sad/emotional songs: I tried listening to happy/upbeat songs, but they just didn't do it for me, I'm really not in the mood for them. I thought they'd cheer me up, but they just made me feel worse. Why? I have absolutely no idea, but that's the way it is. I knew, that the moment I requested "emo" music, that I'd be flamed by all you people for my terrible taste. This isn't what I usually listen to; if it makes you people feel any better, I normally listen to lots of Dream Theater, Tool, Joe Satriani, and blah blah. Nothing flame-worthy. But I just listened to one of my old Avril Lavigne cds (I anticipate more flamers at this point), and it made me feel better, just because of the fact that listening to songs that describe exactly how I'm feeling right now gives me the feeling that...I'm not alone, and I'm not the only one who's felt like that before, and that it'll all be okay soon. This is what's making me feel better now.

So, to all those that are flaming me: you perhaps think you're trying to help me. And maybe you are, and it's just that I'm not in the mood to agree with you right now. Perhaps I'll look at this thread tomorrow and think, oh snap this guy's right, I should man the **** up and listen to some Metallica! But for now, that's not what I need.

To all those giving me songs of the type that I asked for, and those who are making me feel better, I really appreciate it. Thank you all.

tl;dr: BAWWW.
Last edited by doom3rulz at Jul 30, 2008,
No.

We really dont care if you broke up with your girlfriend.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yea its cool we can still be friends- bright eyes
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Playing emo songs doesn't make it better, it just makes you gay. Learn some Iron Maiden and get over it!
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
dude seriously grow up...
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qx-2Hj-q4Dc

(Note: I do *not* like this band)
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
Quote by doom3rulz
And I'm feeling really lousy, and I need really emotional songs that fit my mood right now. It can be a song with lyrics, or a purely instrumental guitar song that I could learn to play. I just want something that's sad/emo, and which I can identify with right now. Do me a favour, pit?

Bad idea.

EDIT: Play Doom.
Grow up?
It has nothing to do with growing up.
Adults still feel emotions when they break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend.

IMO, listen to some death metal instead, e.g. Behemoth, Deicide, Morbid Angel and Vader.
Should fix you up
Oh, you're all horrible.

My sympathy, dear. And a good breakup song is "Falling Away With You" by Muse.

Hope you feel better soon.
waaahhhhh! Being emo is really going to help you get over it? Haha good luck with that. She probably broke up with you because she didn't need another vagina in her life.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Re Re Ruh Re Re R Ruh Reh R Re Relationship Thread

Edit: It's my song about how to get over break ups...
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by electricsnake
waaahhhhh! Being emo is really going to help you get over it? Haha good luck with that. She probably broke up with you because she didn't need another vagina in her life.

+1
Except that he said he broke up w/ her.. still funny.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by doom3rulz
And I'm feeling really lousy, and I need really emotional songs that fit my mood right now. It can be a song with lyrics, or a purely instrumental guitar song that I could learn to play. I just want something that's sad/emo, and which I can identify with right now. Do me a favour, pit?

The Blessed Hellride - Black Label Society
In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth

MC name = Bearrorism
i said grow up , because posting in the Pits after breaking up and asking for emo music.... no much more needs to be said...i can tell you right there why she broke up with him after reading his post...

seriosuly if you want to feel better, talk to her and try and get her back... moping around and dwelling isnt gonna do you any good... and neither is MCR or Taking back Sunday..
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts

DEAR GAWD!!!
Go away. The pit is not your moral support.

But Hurt by Johnny Cash is pretty good for that sort of thing.
Quote by B2daR2daA2daD

seriosuly if you want to feel better, talk to her and try and get her back... moping around and dwelling isnt gonna do you any good... and neither is MCR or Taking back Sunday..

+1 emo/sad songs are just gonna make it worse.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Trivium
+1
Except that he said he broke up w/ her.. still funny.

then why the **** is he sad? Finally kicked that bitch out the house!
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
i wouldnt go as far as to say you need to "grow up," like some of the other ass-clowns that infest these boards, cuz i know how you feel, but you will get over it dude...

anyway, i guess this can be considered "sad." i can play it, i like how it sounds.
its a guitar/keyboard instrumental that eddie and alex van halen did called "respect the wind" for the ending credits to the movie twister.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8n0jM9XKlo

(pay no attention to the video...)
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
Quote by punk_metal
Grow up?
It has nothing to do with growing up.
Adults still feel emotions when they break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend.

IMO, listen to some death metal instead, e.g. Behemoth, Deicide, Morbid Angel and Vader.
Should fix you up

do not listen to any of this **** thats dumb

greenday helped me through some tough times lookem up
kidding

but seriously element 80 exactly what u are looking for
Quote by jack_off_joel
do not listen to any of this **** thats dumb

greenday helped me through some tough times lookem up
kidding

but seriously element 80 exactly what u are looking for

Dude...tell me you didnt get your name from Jack Off Jill.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

No way. You need some upbeat "Im free" songs.

"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake (Yes I said Whitesnake)
"Saturdays Alright For Fighting" by Elton John

Just a couple of examples.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
I agree you need to get over it, because I've seen people hung up on past relationships. It's not pretty or healthy.. but don't learn sad songs and sit home all day in your underwear not showering singing secondhand serenade.. do fun activities with friends.. learn a new hobby.. get your mind off of it and you may even meet some new people.
The ending of a relationship may be a bad time but it gives you a chance to redefine and regain things you may have given up and not been able to do while in a relationship..

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Try The Fire And The Fury by Firewind, if you have the skills and if you like the slower soloing part.
Quote by Trivium
Playing emo songs doesn't make it better, it just makes you gay. Learn some Iron Maiden and get over it!

Thats what real men do.
Quote by Trivium

Oh, you're so ****ing cool because listen to ****ing Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden blow, and they're not ****ing hard or heavy, or any of that ****, they're old.

Anyways, if you really want an emotional song, and this goes for all of you, listen to Konstantine by Something Corporate. No matter what you're feeling, this song will really amplify it, it's just a song based on emotion.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
space dye vest dream theater?

probably some coldplay or something

ayreon-pain

funeral for a friend dream theater or elton john

a change of seasons dream theater

finally free -dream theater (just pretend you shoot HER and her new BOYFRIEND!)

pantera cemetary gates

pink floyd a great day for freedom, or coming back to life

porcupine tree she's moved on

Queensryche: I don't believe in love

the police: every breath you take

transatlantic: all of the above

etc
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Mudmen190
Thats what real men do.

who says hes a real man?
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
why doesnt he just listen to sigur ros, so he can hear whatever the **** he wants to hear?
Quote by IbanezSA160

Quote by duncanxdonuts

DEAR GAWD!!!
Quote by TDKshorty
Oh, you're so ****ing cool because listen to ****ing Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden blow, and they're not ****ing hard or heavy, or any of that ****, they're old.

Anyways, if you really want an emotional song, and this goes for all of you, listen to Konstantine by Something Corporate. No matter what you're feeling, this song will really amplify it, it's just a song based on emotion.

lol something corporate

more like something gay.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by TDKshorty

Lol. I do like Iron Maiden but it was just a band that came to mind.. I'm glad we're all civilized here in the pit..

Edit: Wow I was so focused on your idiotic rant that I failed to notice your dropping of the name Something Corporate.. we have something in common! I love those guys, their just so... pure and awesome and amzing! Didn't no you soco fans cussed.. pretty hardcore lol.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Last edited by Trivium at Jul 30, 2008,
emo makes it worse.. know that from own experience
DON'T LISTEN TO IT

just listen what you are used to, hangout with friends, meet new girls, and you will ben over it very soon

good luck
i just thought right now, that there is no real reason to argue, because he probably just made this post, then turned his computer off and went to bed.... forgetting he ever made it... leaving us all here arguing for hours about something pointless.....
Quote by IbanezSA160

Quote by duncanxdonuts

DEAR GAWD!!!
Quote by skux
punch the wall

Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI

i cant beleive u said that about maiden

they are LEGENDARYYYYY

see how i quoted it porperly
Page 1 of 2