is it like a chord but u strum it so u can hear every string at a single time?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
so basically i strum a chord but slower?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
o, ok , cheers
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
Also, because you're playing each note separately, you can have more than one note on a string.
Call me Batman.
Quote by Pibbz
so basically i strum a chord but slower?

Just to clarify, it's the notes of a chord played separately.

This means you can move the notes of that chord all over the fretboard (if you know multiple positions of it) and play then at any speed, so long as the notes sound out separately.

Also, the order of the notes is unimportant.
Quote by Freepower
Just to clarify, it's the notes of a chord played separately.

This means you can move the notes of that chord all over the fretboard (if you know multiple positions of it) and play then at any speed, so long as the notes sound out separately.

Also, the order of the notes is unimportant.

Just so you know, some people only consider it an apreggio if the notes are played from lowest to highest or from highest to lowest. Otherwise, they consider it a "broken chord." That's what I was taught in a music theory class at school. But in general, the order doesn't matter.
arpeggios are also used in sweep picking.

basically, it's all of the notes picked seperately, because if you just strummed slowly, it would be a slowly strummed chord, not an arpeggio. not really much to it.