isnt that stange that an "unusually severe ice storm" occured. hmm this sounds absolutely insane, wow im excited
The Fluorescent Cephalopod looks like a facehugger

THEY HAVE LANDED, THEY HAVE LANDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MATE WITH ALL THE WOMEN
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Is it just me, or do some of those pictures look like theyre from AVP?
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Oh god, Predator vs Alien was true!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I also find it hard to believe considering all of the comments below the article stating, "Happy April 1st."
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Quote by Theta
I also find it hard to believe considering all of the comments below the article stating, "Happy April 1st."

**** i didnt even look at the damn comments on the page, i was too busy freakin out

You are now blinking manually
Quote by Theta

Good find. Now we know it's fake.
Quote by Theta

/thread
Quote by jack_off_joel
/thread

Stealing someones username is a pretty douchey thing to do.
Quote by Theta

Aww, that kinda sucks though.
Allright, its a definite fake, sry guys

William Dyer, the geologist credited for the discovery is a character from an H.P. Lovecraft story (At the Mountains of Madness), which is about finding a lost city under Antartica
You are now blinking manually
Last edited by Keyphur at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by 'Leviathan'

The one on the right is quite interesting... kinda like an ancient dildo.

Haha its name is "Large Cephalopod Fetish".
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by GerGuam
Stealing someones username is a pretty douchey thing to do.

im a bit of a douche so dont worry about it
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
*hums the stargate atlantis theme tune.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They should leave it alone. Lest those who slither and crawl rise up from their subterranean and cyclopean vistas of unabsolved horror to wreak their bloody vengeance upon the jaded and despairing remnants of a broken humankind. That shall be the day dread Cthulhu rises from his eternal slumber. That shall be the day we crumble into our self-pitiful shells of existence, and when our very consciousness frays at the uttermost edges of our shattered collective sanity.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Last edited by Under_The_Oath at Jul 30, 2008,
I'd love it to be real too. Regards to Ambertreeleaves, Arthur Walsh, and Johnny Monte, all of whom I deleted summarily to keep this subterfuge going just a little longer.

The story behind the fool is H.P. Lovecraft's wonderful At The Mountains Of Madness, which contains all the story elements above. The original anomaly photo was indeed Dubai with a color manipulations courtesy of iPhoto. When it became obvious that the worthies above and poor Dan LS had recognised it I deleted it and moved the caption to protect the innocent. Compliments to Dan for playing along.

The "Wilkins Shelf Anomaly" photo is actually a train station in Stockholm. Color adjusted again. The "Fetish" is a statue of Lovecraft's Cthulhu. The "Mural Hall" and ground level view of the anomaly are both from Bagan, in India, with colors adjusted. The "archaeozoan" is an Elder Thing (mistitled "Old One") from Wayne Barlowe's 1980s illustrated guide to extraterrestrials. The wonderful mural image is a colour tweaked, chopped, and mangled version of the third picture, top row of http://sadanandan.com/landscape.html, used without permission and hopefully without offering offence. Really amazing work - Mr Sadanandan deserves broader exposure.

Special thanks go to Lamont Cranston, whose real identity must remain, for now, in the shadows. And the blind, fluorescent cephalopod from the Ross Sea is a real blind, fluorescent cephalopod from the Ross Sea.

I can't bother reading through the comments to see if anyone selse spotted it, but the first picture is actually a kind of stylized photo of a swedish subway station. The escalators are clearly visible. How anyone could believe that it is.. Whatever it is you people think it depicts, is beyond me.

In conclusion...Completely fake.

Would be cool though.
So ridiculously fake.

Very Cthulhu-y though, rather than AVP. Pit, READ MORE.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.