Hey guys, most of you are probably think I'm about to write a testimonial on some 350w Marshal stack, this isn't the case, about two weeks ago, I played 100w/4 ohms combo amp. 2 x 12" Celestion speakers, reverb, 2 Channels (Clean & Dirty/Boost). Initially I was looking at getting a half/small stack to go along with the EMG 81 sound, so I tryed a few Marshalls and a couple of Randalls, nothing really impressed me untill the attended hooked me into an "Ashton GA100212", if you're an Aussie you're probably laughing right now, because Ashton is pretty much the "budget" brand. My initial thoughs where along the lines of "What the **** does this guy think he's doing?" and "This is just going to waste my time"

Oh boy was I wrong, in a nutshell, this is the most amazing sound I've ever heard in a 100w amp, call me tonedeaf, ignorant, stupid or whatever, but when you whip out some thrashy Megadeth or Bullet For My Valentine riffs it just has an incredible feeling. It's versitile enough to go from Bloc Party then all the way up to stuff as heavy as Children of Bodom, perhaps ever heavier. It's designed for todays music

If this amp had a Marshall or a Randal logo on it I wouldn't hesitate to pay over $1000 for it, but keep in mind this is an "Ashton", you'll be pretty unlucky to find this priced over $550AU

I wouldn't recommend this amp for someone that plays blues, jazz or soley uses it for clean, you need to be a rocker/metalhead to understand the beauty of this amp. The tone is a modern sound, so Guns n' Roses, Velvet Revolver and Led Zepplin doesn't sound great, but it could be done if you had the right setup, (I wouldn't really recomend this amp for classic rock in general)

Described in three words (not including "and"), "Punchy, Heavy and Loud"

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/ashton/GA100212.htm

Seriously though guys, don't knock this amp till you play it.

Discus
Last edited by UltimateDud at Jul 30, 2008,
stop writing 'amp' in caps. we know its an amp without you highlighting the fact its an amp.

and ok, i won't knock the amp, i also won't get to play one because we don't seem to have any ashton products over here. If i had access to one i'd definitely give it a try - i'm trying to find some decent, giggable solid state amps just to prove the "t00bz is always better than solid state, all solid states suck" bandwagon wrong.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
stop writing 'amp' in caps. we know its an amp without you highlighting the fact its an amp.

LOL *goes and changes all capitals*
Marshall amps, ive tryed various brands and i find that i cannot beat the high end marshall amps.
Quote by Engel22
Marshall amps, ive tryed various brands and i find that i cannot beat the high end marshall amps.

The high end Marshalls are in a league of their own, but I'm talking the 500-1000$ mark.