I just bought a brand new roland cube 30x from Imuso.co.uk but it came with a 2 pin plug and not a UK 3 pin plug. I am pretty annoyed but imuso are sending me an adapter to convert it from the 2 pin to UK 3 pin.

Will this be safe? I know nothing about different voltages etc but i am concered about any possible power issues.

thanks
with an adaptor it should be ok. Surely if Imuso are a UK based company they'd send you one with the standard UK plug though...

This is why i don't advise buying on the internet.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
If it's European two pin plug (two round pins) you'll only need an adapter, because the voltage is the same, however if its an American two pin plug (two flat pins) then you'll need a transformer as well. However It's most likely a European one.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
WHen i bought my marshall it came with a british plug. I just used another power cord.

However I believe the U.S uses 110 volts whereas England and Aus use 240. You might need a transformer
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Horlicks
The amp will have to be 230V

it is, but yeah you would think they would send me a uk one. i'll see what they send me to rectify the problem and if it isn't good enough i will demand a refund.

they are one of these companies who obviously have to abide by the distance selling regulations but not only do i have to pay for the postage costs of the return, i also have to pay 2% of the items value + £10 restocking fee.

its massively annoying because i only bought from these guys because i knew they would send the amp next day delivery and i knew i wouldn't want to return it due to a change of mind. i didn't forsee them sending me it with a different twatting plug.
Quote by polaroidvision
If it's European two pin plug (two round pins) you'll only need an adapter, because the voltage is the same, however if its an American two pin plug (two flat pins) then you'll need a transformer as well. However It's most likely a European one.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blompcube
with an adaptor it should be ok. Surely if Imuso are a UK based company they'd send you one with the standard UK plug though...

This is why i don't advise buying on the internet.

I bought my amp from an actual store and they gave it to me with a 2 pin plug and i had to purchase an adaptor.

In answer to the original question, yeah it will be fine, Im in the same boat and ive been doin it for ages with no mishaps.
check the power rating......on the amp
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
thanks guys. no big deal then. turns out my dad had an adapter so i tried it out today and everything seems fine. still a bit annoying though
Quote by Sepulturick
it is, but yeah you would think they would send me a uk one. i'll see what they send me to rectify the problem and if it isn't good enough i will demand a refund.

they are one of these companies who obviously have to abide by the distance selling regulations but not only do i have to pay for the postage costs of the return, i also have to pay 2% of the items value + £10 restocking fee.

its massively annoying because i only bought from these guys because i knew they would send the amp next day delivery and i knew i wouldn't want to return it due to a change of mind. i didn't forsee them sending me it with a different twatting plug.

companies don't just have to abide by distance selling regulations. they also have to observe basic consumer law. an item that doesn't work in the country it is sold in is not fit for the purpose intended unless that fact is disclosed. you wouldn't owe any restocking fee whatsoever.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
If you need a transformer then make sure it has a high enough power rating to handle the amp or you risk blowing some fuse at best or killing the amp at worst.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
companies don't just have to abide by distance selling regulations. they also have to observe basic consumer law. an item that doesn't work in the country it is sold in is not fit for the purpose intended unless that fact is disclosed. you wouldn't owe any restocking fee whatsoever.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?