well what ever i ask there are always gonna be haters...i was jst wondering for info about the amp etc like is it an acctull tube amp etc?
yeah, its tube, i love them, but thats just my opinion, i dont see that many haters for them really, at least compared to other stuff
they're really nice
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
The Valveking is yes an all tube amp but its just lacking something in my opinion. I guess the way I decribe it is that It can handle most any thing pretty good, but its not amazing at anything in particular.

I personally don't like it but, hey go to your local music shop and try it out, tweak with the eq, ect. you might just like it alot.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
its a full tube amp.

i love mine to death.

i can get black metal/grincore/ death metal tones out of it, so dont believe the ****heads who say you cant.

it sounds good for a number of different genres.

its good for the price.
Quote by xxXshredderXxx
i can get black metal/grincore/ death metal tones out of it, so dont believe the ****heads who say you cant.
its good for the price.

I personally thought it sounded really bad when I tried to play metal on it, thats the one thing I think this amp isn't decent at.

But again as said for the price it isnt bad.

just TRY IT OUT!!!
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
thanks a lot guys, ive just discoverd it...was about to jump onto the mg waggon i think im glad i didnt now...it was the half stack verson i was looking at and it looks sweet as but i will try it out first but thanks anyway i was expecting to be flamed for this like you get with the mg's lol
Quote by eruption1988
thanks a lot guys, ive just discoverd it...was about to jump onto the mg waggon i think im glad i didnt now...it was the half stack verson i was looking at and it looks sweet as but i will try it out first but thanks anyway i was expecting to be flamed for this like you get with the mg's lol

Ok the valveking may be a "budget tube amp" but it still kicks the MG's ass on an uncomprehendable level.

Just for the love of god don't even look at the MG's.....
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
yeh ive stoped looking at mg's im looking for an amp that will do sort of heavy rock/metal...i play ac/dc, a;ice cooper, darkness, metalica, megadeth stuff like that.....so would this amp be ok for that sort of stuff?
You should be fine for what you want to play, maybe an overdrive?
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
im looking to spend like £400- 500 on it as i dnt have an unlimited budget and will need to save...and as i know the amps the biggest part of your tone im looking to spend a bit more on it as well
Don't get a valveking if you have that budget. Some players like it because its a tube amp, but as always, just because it is all tube does not automatically make it good. Its ok for its price, but there are better options.
it is a good starting point. but the tubes are not great and neither is the speaker. so like anything that is a entry level. you will most likely end up wanting to change those out. and the last couple days there have been post about tube buzzing on different notes one post was on a vk the other on a classic 30. i had a vk for 3 days and could not stand the buzz every time i played a g note or g cord. i'm sure a upgrade in tubes would have solved the issue. but i was not overly impressed by the amp's reverb and just the tone in general so i took it back for a refund. but thats just my oppinion. i'm sure some good tubes and a speaker upgrade it would sound great.
Quote by SG thrasher
You should forget the valveking then, check out the laney GH50L/100L's on ebay, you can get them at a great price and they are infinitely better than valvekings.

+ like, a lot

Take your budget to the used market, and get yourself a better amp that the Valveking right out of the chute. It may beat the hell out of an MG, but so do most car stereos. As far as tube amps go, it's about as enrty level as you can get. If you can get a pro quality amp like the Laney GH's for the same money, it's an absolute no brainer to go for one of those.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I am going to go to my local music store and try out both the valveking and the 6505 soon. I am already expecting that the 6505 will be much better for metal but I want to see how much.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS