Sorry for the beginner question, but I am a beginner. I am also 34 years old, so I am not the typical beginner.

I picked up an Ibanez GAX30, I know a cheap guitar, but I would like to possibly put better pickups in it. Would Humbuckers work and are they easy to replace in this guitar?

Thanks.
Well fairly speaking they are pretty easy to replace, however you need a sodoring iron and such. You can though go to almost any music shop that sells guitar related products and ask them to do it. And yes humbuckers are good choices, hope this helps : )
It genreally depends on the amp as much as the guitar. If you have a cheap solid-state practice amp, new pickups will do very little to improve your sound, and so won't really help.

If you want to improve your sound then I would probably say get a new amp.

What amp do you have at the moment?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Rio38
Sorry for the beginner question, but I am a beginner. I am also 34 years old, so I am not the typical beginner.

I picked up an Ibanez GAX30, I know a cheap guitar, but I would like to possibly put better pickups in it. Would Humbuckers work and are they easy to replace in this guitar?

Thanks.

You *could*, but it's not going to be worthwhile... a pickup change isn't the kind of thing you need to worry about as a beginner.

The most important thing is to make sure you have a serviceable amp, because there are some starter amps out there that are trul shocking as far as the noises they make.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have an Ibanez 15w practice amp.

I will not worry about changing the pickups at the moment. Maybe I will concentrate on getting, say an Epi Les Paul and a better amp and give my current rig to my son.
Quote by Rio38

I will not worry about changing the pickups at the moment. Maybe I will concentrate on getting, say an Epi Les Paul and a better amp and give my current rig to my son.

Sounds like a good idea.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Rio38

The amp will probably be pretty nasty sounding, something like a Roland Microcube or a Vox AD15VT would give you a massive improvement in the sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've got an ibanez starter amp out of the pack I bought and it's god awful. You wouldn't believe the horrible sounds it makes, I'm afraid to miss a note with a touch of gain or my ears will bleed. I still need to get a microcube, but yeah listen to Seagull he's really helpful around here
Yep, I'm finding out that a lot of people are really helpful. I'm glad I found this forum to ask my dumb questions. I'm older, but still have those n00b questions. I had a guitar when I was younger, but never took it seriously or even really tried to learn it.

I would like to do it right this time, but as tough as times are, you gotta get your money's worth out of your equipment.

Thanks guys.
Hah your welcome, I'm only 16 I started about 4 months but I had a acoustic guitar as well when I was about 7 or 8 never really understood it so all I'd so is smack the open strings -.-

Good luck and have fun

Rave