I used to go out drinking and partying pretty much every week. However, as of late the novelty has worn off-I don't want to go out late drinking anymore, I'm just happy to sit at home all night watching DVDs with her, or UGing when I'm not with her.

Now, the part that's a bigger bitch. My girlfriend still goes out on the piss as often as possible, I don't really want to go with her...ever. She's going to be 18 in October-10 months before I am- and it does annoy me a little bit (I know that's stupid. I'm just jealous.).

Do you think I could just be slightly under the weather about the fact she's going to be legal to drink before me?

Is it a phase that most people go through?

Am I just lame?

Most importantly,I hope I'm not socially retarded. Please reassure me

Discuss

Tim
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jul 30, 2008,
have sex with her than sue her for child molestation, that should make you feel better.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
have sex with her than sue her for child molestation, that should make you feel better.

We're both in year 13,I'm just a younger one. And we're both legal for sex. Obviously.
Quote by Fuzzbox91

Your laws on sex are different to ours......
d00d u r t0tally l4me u n33d 2 do wat every1 else d0ez ev3n if u dnt wann4!11

Do what you want.. Variety is the spice of life, and moderation is the key.
Don't drink. Let her drink herself to oblivion. It's a phase most teenagers go through, and it'll only get worst when she hits the big ONE-EIGHT.
Quote by Moggan13
Don't drink. Let her drink herself to oblivion. It's a phase most teenagers go through, and it'll only get worst when she hits the big ONE-EIGHT.

Doubt it. She recently moved so has no mates around her. She's also pretty damn shy and always skint.
You're probably just a bit burnt-out on it, so to speak.

Personally I'm not a party person. My idea of a good saturday night is kicking back with some popcorn, and watching a Scrubs marathon.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
You'll get over it

I dont get drunk that often, because quite often i throw up, get naked, and generally embarass myself, and it really isnt neccessary

I suggest you light up a 12 skin with her and just chill
These things come and go. Sometimes I feel like going out and hanging out with ppl seven days a week, sometimes I'm just totally fed up with and just want to stay at home. No worries mate, you're not becoming a bore, it's just a phase
Quote by _Tim_
UGing when I'm not with her.

TBH this is the only part that's a bit lame. Ultimate-Guitar.com isn't really that great as your main personal interest.

Apart from that, do what you wanna do. Try meeting up with friends to do non-alcohol fueled stuff, maybe? Like sport, or cinemas, or bowling, or gaming, or just hanging out. That should scratch your social itch without forcing you to go out on the piss - which, I agree, can get mighty dull if it's all you do when you go out.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Is it that you're jealous that she's getting drunk and you're not are is it maybe a trust thing and you don't particularly trust her whilst she's getting lashed and going out etc. etc.

You might not wanna go clubbing with her or whatever but you could still go out together in the evenings for a drink, or to dinner or to gigs or whatever.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I had the exact same problem in a previous relationship. The difference was she was a whole year older meaning for me to legally go out with her I'd need to wait a year. It would get to the point where I would not see her most weekends and the relationship fell on its arse. Hope that helps.
Quote by *Juno*
You'll get over it

I dont get drunk that often, because quite often i throw up, get naked, and generally embarass myself, and it really isnt neccessary

I suggest you light up a 12 skin with her and just chill

Remind me to drink with you more often Adam
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
I had the exact same problem in a previous relationship. The difference was she was a whole year older meaning for me to legally go out with her I'd need to wait a year. It would get to the point where I would not see her most weekends and the relationship fell on its arse. Hope that helps.

She won't be going out most weekends. She has to study and most of her mates live in London-she no longer does- and I rarely see her anyway. Long distance.

When I said I was happy to UG I meant as just a way to kill time on an evening.
Every single damn person that I've met and asked "How does it feel now that you're over ______ age limit for ______ activity?" has said something along the lines of
"Actually, it doesn't feel the least bit different." Most of them add the phrase: "Since I was doing this well before I was 18 anyway..."

It doesn't matter that she's marginally older than you, but its not an unexpected question.
What about hanging out with your buds? The nights that your girl goes out you could have folk round for a couple of quiet beers with DVD's. Cheap night in and its always good to keep your friends in close proximity while in a relationship.
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
What about hanging out with your buds? The nights that your girl goes out you could have folk round for a couple of quiet beers with DVD's. Cheap night in and its always good to keep your friends in close proximity while in a relationship.

My mates:
Go away regularly, as do I.#
Live far away.
Work on Saturday's.
Can't be bothered.

I won't have much of a life until I move.
Wow buddy, you need some new friends, guy.

On topic, I kinda hit the same thing as you, with not really wanting to go out on the lash any more. How about a compromise and just going down the pub for a couple of drinks with your girl before turning in early for a bit of rumpy pumpy?
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.

Starscream
Quote by Snakexe
Wow buddy, you need some new friends, guy.

On topic, I kinda hit the same thing as you, with not really wanting to go out on the lash any more. How about a compromise and just going down the pub for a couple of drinks with your girl before turning in early for a bit of rumpy pumpy?

Yeah,I know. I love my mates but we drifted apart.

Yeah,I'm happy to go to the pub but I'm underage.
Alcohol is overrated mate, who gives a **** if she can "legally" drink before you, it's just drink....
Quote by _Tim_
Yeah,I know. I love my mates but we drifted apart.

Yeah,I'm happy to go to the pub but I'm underage.

I feel your pain man. I'm back where I grew up at the moment, working, and like 95% of the people I knew have moved elsewhere now, it blows.

Generally if you go into a pub which isn't a chain one (like Wetherspoons, etc) they don't mind too much if you're underage so long as they don't technically know about it, and you don't get overly drunk and make a scene.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.

Starscream
Quote by Snakexe
I feel your pain man. I'm back where I grew up at the moment, working, and like 95% of the people I knew have moved elsewhere now, it blows.

Generally if you go into a pub which isn't a chain one (like Wetherspoons, etc) they don't mind too much if you're underage so long as they don't technically know about it, and you don't get overly drunk and make a scene.

Yeah. I'm moving out soon,good 300 miles, hopefully I'll meet people when I get my arse into actually moving out :/

I'll give the pubs a go
Quote by Novacane...
Your laws on sex are different to ours......

In my country theyd both be killed for premarital sex
Quote by Icarus Lives
I cannot relate to your situation at all I'm afraid cus I really wish I could go out and drink loads whenever I want.

It's overrated. I finished school and spent a few months drunk, I regret it.
Quote by _Tim_
It's overrated. I finished school and spent a few months drunk, I regret it.

Well I've done it a fair few times and I still think it's the very best way to spend the weekend so I wanna do it till it gets old.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Well I've done it a fair few times and I still think it's the very best way to spend the weekend so I wanna do it till it gets old.

If you do it regularly it gets old quick, in my opinion.
Ahh I spent about the first year and a half of uni drunk as a skunk, it was good fun but my grades were **** and my health was terrible. I still like to go out, and on the odd occasion get drunk, but not as drunk as often as I used to, and I feel much better for it.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.

Starscream
Trust me on this one, drinking loses its fun once you're legal. I used to be out nearly every night til I was 18. Then I slowed down a little and now I'm only out once or twice a month. Like alot of people said, let her have her moment, she'll see the **** side to it and especially if you can't go with her, I'm sure she'll see she'd rather be with you than a bunch of people on the idiot juice.

Don't worry about a thing mate, drinking loses it's novelty quicker than a touch screen phone.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Trust me on this one, drinking loses its fun once you're legal. I used to be out nearly every night til I was 18. Then I slowed down a little and now I'm only out once or twice a month. Like alot of people said, let her have her moment, she'll see the **** side to it and especially if you can't go with her, I'm sure she'll see she'd rather be with you than a bunch of people on the idiot juice.

Don't worry about a thing mate, drinking loses it's novelty quicker than a touch screen phone.

I'm not so worried about her and her drinking or anything. Just the fact that I'm 17 in 6 days and I can't be bothered going out and getting tanked anymore. I do like to be drunk with the right people but my friends are basically 'Down as much as possible then pass out' types. I hate that-I'd rather do something amusing and barely legal
Quote by _Tim_
I'm not so worried about her and her drinking or anything. Just the fact that I'm 17 in 6 days and I can't be bothered going out and getting tanked anymore. I do like to be drunk with the right people but my friends are basically 'Down as much as possible then pass out' types. I hate that-I'd rather do something amusing and barely legal

I wouldn't worry about it too much mate. I'm 20 now and I only go drinking to see mates. My mates were the same as yours back then too. I'm gonna assume that you're parents let you drink with them now and again? That's why you aren't too bothered, but in general, people who are absolutely forbidden from it tend to go overboard with it every chance they get. Try having a small gathering with your mates and get some beers, but a smaller amount than usual. They'll have to drink slower to preserve it and eventually they will just start to slow down anyway.

If this doesn't work, get some drinking buddies who have a similar attitude to you and see your other mates sobre.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know