Would the isp decimator remove noise from my blackstar distortion pedal if both is infront of the amp? Will it suck any tone from it?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

It will remove pretty much any noise issue you have depending on placement. It wont suck tone but if you turn it up it has the capability to kill anything in its path so just play with the settings and your fine..
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just dont crank it all the way up on the isp or it will suck your tone. I dont care what anyone says.
Using a noise suppressor is always a balancing act between tone suck and static noise reduction.
yeah i agree. Some people here will claim the isp doesn't suck tone but a lot of times they got their stuff so loud they dont realize that it does. It doesn't sound as organic as it does without it. So I turn mine up about halfway.
If I got a decimator would it make my tone sound better than it would if I lowered the volume to make it sound just as loud with the decimator? IE If I normally play with my amp at 2 but I played with my amp at 5 but with my decimator making it sound as loud as if the amp were at 2 would the tone be better? Or does it just eliminate the humming of the amp? I find my amp gets a better tone at higher volumes but it also gets the cops at my door...
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by solidsnake15
I dont care what anyone says.

Ignorance is bliss
Quote by aberrant
Using a noise suppressor is always a balancing act between tone suck and static noise reduction.

I've used the decimator a LOT, and the most it's ever done is cut a bit of sustain, so I just turn it down a bit.
Quote by solidsnake15
yeah i agree. Some people here will claim the isp doesn't suck tone but a lot of times they got their stuff so loud they dont realize that it does. It doesn't sound as organic as it does without it. So I turn mine up about halfway.

Right...You know that we play loud how?

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but you're pushing the boundaries - I don't know the exact technology behind it but the decimator cuts out unwanted noise in a different way to the other noise gates such as the NS-2 - something like seperating the noise before cutting away the relevant frequencies or something.

TS, in response to your questions:
1. Yes
2. If you do notice any difference, it will be negligible.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Don't hound me. I was simply saying it just doesn't sound as organic with it all the way up. I have used it for months and then not used it for months... went back and forth. Tried different ones. The ISP the best I've used. Just saying with anything... to me anyway it doesn't sound exactly the same when you are running one. And the part where I say "I dont care what anyone says" is because I dont. Because people swear that they can max it out and it doesn't cut any tone and I'm not deaf I know it does. Maybe it doesn't with every amp... just saying it does with me and I can tell it.
Quote by solidsnake15
Don't hound me. I was simply saying it just doesn't sound as organic with it all the way up. I have used it for months and then not used it for months... went back and forth. Tried different ones. The ISP the best I've used. Just saying with anything... to me anyway it doesn't sound exactly the same when you are running one. And the part where I say "I dont care what anyone says" is because I dont. Because people swear that they can max it out and it doesn't cut any tone and I'm not deaf I know it does. Maybe it doesn't with every amp... just saying it does with me and I can tell it.

Yeah yeah don't worry, I just liked the way you phrased it
I know that you can't put the threshold on max and not get any tone loss, that's just silly
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You don't get tone loss so much as sustain cut. Anything other 12 o' clock sounds unnatural IMO.
if i have mine any higher than about 11 o'clock, it cuts sustain noticeably (even the notes i'm playing)... i'd never have it anywhere near fully up, even near 12 o'clock. i am playing at pretty low volumes, though, so maybe that's it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah it's best to just use as less as possible. I just turn it up a lot and keep turning it down until i hear feedback and then turn it up a notch.