I am looking to buy a tuner stompbox. I am looking at 3 different ones, compared here (the boss is included because it is so well known, but I am not really interested in it). Assume that I can afford all of those listed.

My questions are, which is the most accurate, and which will power other pedals most efficiently - I am planning to eventually get a Voodoo Labs power supply, but I'd like to put that off for a while yet.

Secondly, how does daisy-chaining work for a stompbox? Does the tuner pedal itself come with a daisy chain, or do I need to buy this separately?
Last edited by imicius at Jul 30, 2008,
i have a korg pitchblack and it works great. i think you can buy a adapter and power 3 pedals with it. but use a 1spot so i've not used this feature. over all it a good tuner.
Quote by mmjohn
i have a korg pitchblack and it works great. i think you can buy a adapter and power 3 pedals with it. but use a 1spot so i've not used this feature. over all it a good tuner.

Is 3 as many as you can power with it?
Quote by imicius
Is 3 as many as you can power with it?

I think daisy chains have about 5 on them, and I think the One Spot can power quite a lot more than that quite easily. I'm gonna get one. For the tuners, the TU-2 is like the granddaddy of pedals, really well known and loved, but the Blackout is becoming popular really quickly. If it was up to me, I'd take the Boss, its really well established, but its up to you.
If you are willing to consider something else, the Turbo Tuner for $110 is a steal. It's accurate to 0.02 cents (which is 50 times better than the Korg Pitch Black) and as you can see from the YouTube demos, the tracking speed is mindblowing. Almost instant.

The website is here: http://www.turbo-tuner.com/pages/manual-st2.htm
It's currently out of stock, but if you are willing to wait, I'm sure it'll be worth it. I am thinking of getting one for myself.
So how exactly does the daisy chain work? Just buy the 5 connector, rig it up and hope for the best?
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
It's great if you want to intonate the guitar.

And besides, who needs 1 cent? A few years ago, the 3 cents accuracy of the TU-2 was considered industry standard.

The Turbo Tuner is not much more expensive than the pitch black, but it tracks faster and is more accurate. It is also true bypass just like the pitch black.

Only reason I would buy pitch black is the looks.
Quote by imicius
So how exactly does the daisy chain work? Just buy the 5 connector, rig it up and hope for the best?

I have one its an AC/ adaptor with around 5 different connectors which u can change depending on the socket. On the adaptor itself is the voltage switch which you leave set at 9 volts.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
A daisy chain works by taking power from a single (in this case) 9 volt power supply. You plug in the cable and plug the adaptor end into the actual power supply, the other ends fit into the pedals. Think of it like an extension plug, you can now plug 5 pedals in when without the daisy chain you could only plug in one. If you have a decent enough power supply you can connect a daisy chain to the daisy chain you already have connected, and power more pedals etc.
Korg is definately the way to go. Thats what i have, i was in the same boat with those 3, i always heard bad things about the planet waves, and when i found out that the korg was true bypass, not hard wired, good to go.
Quote by johlin
It's great if you want to intonate the guitar.

And besides, who needs 1 cent? A few years ago, the 3 cents accuracy of the TU-2 was considered industry standard.

The Turbo Tuner is not much more expensive than the pitch black, but it tracks faster and is more accurate. It is also true bypass just like the pitch black.

Only reason I would buy pitch black is the looks.

And it's cheaper than the StroboStomp too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?