The output jack on my Tele is loose so when I'm standing up to play the lead slips and sounds goes.
I've tried tightening it with my fingers but it seems to have come loose again.
Do I need to open it up to get it tightened properly?
Could any Tele players help out with this?

and add a locking washer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

and add a locking washer.

the jack plate is probably completely different to that - more like the "bucket" thing.

i think he's asking how to open it up. I have the same problem, except the lead doesn't fall out, it just wobbles around in there and makes scratchy noises when it moves.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yeah i took a guess because this is the jack pic i have and he didnt say a model.

if it's the recessed one then you can still remove it and hold it from inside thru the control cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

if its the one that looks similar to this:

except the older version without the screws - the plate thats around it IS the screw. I just rotated it clockwise and it sorted out my tele - i made sure the actual jack bit wasn't twisting with it though - and it wasn't.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
the jack plate is probably completely different to that - more like the "bucket" thing.

i think he's asking how to open it up. I have the same problem, except the lead doesn't fall out, it just wobbles around in there and makes scratchy noises when it moves.

Ye I have pretty much the same issue as yourself then.

Thanks for the picture Blompcube; so i Just remove the plate and tighten the thing while it's outside?
bad idea to turn it without holding on the inside, yes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
bad idea to turn it without holding on the inside.

its one of those jack plates that you have to turn in the cavity to screw it into the cavity, if you know what i'm saying. how is anyone supposed to screw the plate into the cavity whilst holding the jack socket from the inside?

i mean i rotated the jack plate here not the nut on the jack, as it was the plate that was loose, because mine is one of those which is screwed into place via itself... i'm not really very good at explaining it.

so is it the plate thats loose or the actual socket? (note - the socket will also move around if its the jack plate thats loose - if its just the socket moving around, not the plate, then you'll need to tighten the socket, which involves removing the jack plate anyway)
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
its one of those jack plates that you have to turn in the cavity to screw it into the cavity, if you know what i'm saying. how is anyone supposed to screw the plate into the cavity whilst holding the jack socket from the inside?

i mean i rotated the jack plate here not the nut on the jack, as it was the plate that was loose, because mine is one of those which is screwed into place via itself... i'm not really very good at explaining it.

so is it the plate thats loose or the actual socket? (note - the socket will also move around if its the jack plate thats loose - if its just the socket moving around, not the plate, then you'll need to tighten the socket, which involves removing the jack plate anyway)

The plate's holding, it's just the socket that's loose for me.
take it out add a locking washer.

ba dum dum,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62