s'up

I'm an ENOURMOUS fan of Knights of Cydonia it's got the most memorable riff!! Although I can play the riff to a tee I just can't get the right effect on my Zoom 505. I was wondering if anyone has one of these pedals and if so can you point me in the right direction??

Bit of a long shot I know, but it is quite a popular tune so here's hoping!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Not really specific, there's like three riffs in there that are memorable and pretty much all use different effects, if your being totally technical.
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
which one? lol. in general id say use some kind of fuzz sound
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
do you mean tremolo? That comes on a basic pedalboard or even one of those spider 100$ amps
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Quote by Psycho4SOAD
Not really specific, there's like three riffs in there that are memorable and pretty much all use different effects, if your being totally technical.

good point, I was referring to the one that comes in aroung 4:20 and plays out til the end of the song. I have a patch on my effects pedal but it juuussst doesn't sound bang on, and of all the riffs in all the world I want that one to sound bang on haha

cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
To get the sound you need Fuzz.

And on the main riff (it is the main one right? The one at the beginning), you need a vibrato unit (or "tremolo") such as a FR, and constantly move the trem arm up and down - without stopping- for a consistent, and accurate to the original, sound.

When I play it, I use fuzz, and my ZR trem, and I get a spot-on sound.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Jul 30, 2008,