How does the Explorer compare to the Les Paul? I played the Les Paul and to me it was really nice. The only bad thing was the weight of the guitar a while with it on. The Explorer though is my favourite guitar shape but I'm not sure yet. I have a Roland Cube 30x btw.

Maybe there are other guitar apart from that around that price range? Is there a Hamer dealer in the UK too as I have noticed them.
Last edited by IAMREALLYCOOL at Jul 30, 2008,
google for hamers. They should be pretty easy to find.

As for the epiphones... Well, what do you mean when you say "compare"? they are 2 very different guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
google for hamers. They should be pretty easy to find.

As for the epiphones... Well, what do you mean when you say "compare"? they are 2 very different guitars.

Are they really that different? Are the pickups in the Explorer able to play nice heavier stuff like Ozzy Osbourne or Guns N' Roses
the pickups are exactly the same as in the les paul
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.