I wanted to play my six string earlier so i plugged it in and found it wasn't working properly. The volume on my amp was normal but the noise being produced was really quiet so i fiddled with the volume on the bass to see if it would fix it but it didn't help so i turned the volume on the amp up and it got louder but more distorted.

So i have tested the amp and jack lead to see if it was them which was the problem and they worked mine on my 4 string.
So i don't know whats wrong have i wrecked my pickups or what is wrong. I have a feeling it could be the jack socket on my bass cause it crackles alot and my amp makes these weird noises when i try to play the bass.

Problem with this is my bass doesn't have a normal jack socket it has a locking jack which secures the jack lead in place so i don't know if i can get this repaired or if i have to get it replaced or what is going on.

This is my bass here and it has a picture of the jack socket http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/guitar/Ibanez-BTB556MP-6-String-Elect-3736.aspx

All help greatly appreciated.
are they active pickups? if so, your battery may be dead.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
If the bass is active, you will need to change the 9v Battery.

Edit: Yeah, it's active, it says so on the site, you'll need to change the battery.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Checked your batteries?

It's an active bass.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Dont leave the lead plugged into the bass, it'll drain the battery because the preamp will be turned on.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Cheers guys much appreciated, to be honest i totally forgot about that. Though i don't have the replacement batteries to check if thats what it is but if three of you say so it would have to be right.

Thanks again!
lol it could be a totally different problem such as a lose connection. But low batteries are the most common problem with active basses.

If you find out that it isnt the batteries, come back and post in here.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
lol I got the same bass and it's currently doing the exact same thing. It's the batteries, change them by unscrewing the square piece of black acrylic on the back, there should be two 9v batteries. Thank you for reminding me to get batteries I keep forgetting for the past week.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.