Page 1 of 3
followed them since age 12, luti-kriss also, and the chariot, and that song "and there will be a swarm of hornets" is amazing, i admit i was freaking out after hearing robots 3 humans 0 cuz im a die hard fan
Hardcore forum, please read the stickies next time.
*reported*
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
followed them since age 12, luti-kriss also, and the chariot, and that song "and there will be a swarm of hornets" is amazing, i admit i was freaking out after hearing robots 3 humans 0 cuz im a die hard fan

you have been ticketed by The Official UG Kvlt Police

Offense: liking a band only prepubescent girls listen to, mentioning a ****ty core band in the metal forum.
^ Are you going to do this every time somebody mentions a non-metal band?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by UG's KvltPolice
you have been ticketed by The Official UG Kvlt Police

Offense: liking a band only prepubescent girls listen to, mentioning a ****ty core band in the metal forum.

I was ticketed too.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
but as for them not being metal i don't understand that, because the stuff here is pretty weak...metallica? come on
Quote by mexicanmidget88
but as for them not being metal i don't understand that, because the stuff here is pretty weak...metallica? come on

You can't be serious. Norma Jean isn't even close to being metal and they suck balls.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by cliffemall123
You can't be serious. Norma Jean isn't even close to being metal and they suck balls.

oh i didn't even realize that, i guess i should go have change of taste then huh? but seriously, i don't understand.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
oh i didn't even realize that, i guess i should go have change of taste then huh? but seriously, i don't understand.

Never said you should change your taste. I just said they suck balls and aren't metal.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by mexicanmidget88

You have been ticketed by The Official UG Kvlt Police

Offense: being retarded.

you dont know what metal is.

slit your throat
see thats what i dont understand. whats not metal about them? the positive message maybe? or you think that screaming in general is wrong, because that i understand. a lot of people do not like screaming like that which is completely understandable
The way the music sounds is what makes them not metal. They have more of a core sound than metal. The screaming part has nothing to do with it, as a lot of metal bands have harsh vocals.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by mexicanmidget88
see thats what i dont understand. whats not metal about them? the positive message maybe? or you think that screaming in general is wrong, because that i understand. a lot of people do not like screaming like that which is completely understandable

ok i'll break it down for you

****ty riffs
short repeated riffs
****ty vox
****ty lyrics
overuse of breakdowns
liked by prepubescent girls

sorry d00d but you like ****ty music. not all of us can listen to good music. it's an acquired skill
Quote by mexicanmidget88

They're a hardcore band. A band is not metal just because they have heavy riffs and screaming.

Compare Norma Jean to Poison the Well, Shai Hulud, and Death Before Dishonor. Now compare Norma Jean to Death Angel, Slayer, and Possessed. Which style do they have more in common with?

Quote by UG's KvltPolice

****ty riffs
short repeated riffs
****ty vox
****ty lyrics
overuse of breakdowns

sorry d00d but you like ****ty music. not all of us can listen to good music. it's an acquired skill

Fuck off, troll.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by Scourge441
They're a hardcore band. A band is not metal just because they have heavy riffs and screaming.

Compare Norma Jean to Poison the Well, Shai Hulud, and Death Before Dishonor. Now compare Norma Jean to Death Angel, Slayer, and Possessed. Which style do they have more in common with?

Fuck off, troll.

but i do see where your coming from and i didn't mean to start this in the wrong forum, that was an accident
Quote by mexicanmidget88
those bands are weak! i saw poison the well live, they were lame

That may be true, but Norma Jean have more in common with those bands than they do with pretty much any band in the metal genre.

Genres are determined by the musical elements the band uses, not the quality of the music they play.

Quote by mexicanmidget88
but i do see where your coming from and i didn't mean to start this in the wrong forum, that was an accident

It happens a lot, so we can annoyed at it pretty easily.

You might want to delete this, too.
My god, the idiocy in this thread. It's obvious that the doesn't know about the hardcore traffic rules, but does anybody tell him? No, of course not.

mexicanmidget88, they are metal, but they are part of a particular sub-genre of metal called metalcore. On UG, we keep metalcore in the hardcore forum, not because it's not metal, which it is, but to keep the metal forum for being too huge.

Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
My god, the idiocy in this thread. It's obvious that the doesn't know about the hardcore traffic rules, but does anybody tell him? No, of course not.

mexicanmidget88, they are metal, but they are part of a particular sub-genre of metal called metalcore. On UG, we keep metalcore in the hardcore forum, not because it's not metal, which it is, but to keep the metal forum for being too huge.

I wouldn't call Norma Jean metalcore, though.
Quote by Reject_666_6

yes metalcore. you are correct thanks
Quote by UG's KvltPolice

****ty riffs
short repeated riffs
****ty vox
****ty lyrics
overuse of breakdowns

To be honest, having shitty riffs, vocals and lyrics doesn't mean you aren't metal. Still, Norma Jean belongs in the hardcore forum.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by Reject_666_6

You have been ticketed by The Official UG Kvlt Police

Offense: Metalcore is not Metal.

slit your throat
Quote by UG's KvltPolice
Metalcore is not Metal.

The metal forum moderators clearly disagree and have stated as such.
Quote by Scourge441
The metal forum moderators clearly disagree and have stated as such.

lol then they dont know what they're talking about. just because someone is a mod it doesnt mean they know everything.

it appears the rumors of tons of metal n00bs in UG is true....i must work harder
Quote by Reject_666_6
O, rly? What makes you so sure you're not the elitist metal noob?

i am an elitist. elitist and proud. metalcore is not metal, simple as that. some are close to being metal while others are not. enjoy your mallcore...
^^I never said they weren't. I've only heard a few songs on youtube and they were metalcore. Scourge said that he wouldn't call them that, so assuming that he had listened to more of them than me, I assumed that he might know something I don't.

^You're a disgrace to the force. I petition for your unceremonious discharge.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Last edited by Reject_666_6 at Jul 30, 2008,
oh, well bless the martyr and kiss the child is the heaviest stuff i have ever heard, but the stuff on youtube is the weakest they do so that its mtv friendly
Quote by mexicanmidget88
oh, well bless the martyr and kiss the child is the heaviest stuff i have ever heard, but the stuff on youtube is the weakest they do so that its mtv friendly

if that's the heaviest you've heard then you havnt listened to metal.
Page 1 of 3