I know I'll probably get flamed through the ass for this, but I can't help not liking Tool!

Some of my favourite bands include SOAD, RATM, Blur, Slipknot, Radiohead, NIN, etc.

and about five years ago someone told me to download tool because I'd love it, so I downloaded the discography (that was up to Lateralus at that poitn I believe) and I listened through it twice, and I just COULDN'T get into it. I still respect them, but I just want to know is there anyone else like me who could just never get into tool?
The first time I heard them i didn't really like it but their music has grown on me.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Actually, I know tons of people who trash me for listening to em.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Yeah, I don't care for 'em much, but I'm into all those bands you mentioned except Slipknot.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
they grow on you with time.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by pwrmax
*reported* before this turns into a flaming thread

how is that necessary as of now, dink.

i didn't say they were bad, I said I just personally wasn't a big fan, despite my respect for them. everyone's responding well, no need to jump the gun.
Yeah they're really good but sometimes i get tired of listening to their songs because they're like 7+ minutes long.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
They'd be better if their songs weren't so damn long. It's not really the length, it's just the lack of variety in a song that long. A song that long should have a good 10 tempo changes, and they may have 3 in theirs.

Quote by pwrmax
*reported* before this turns into a flaming thread

And you're a douche.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jul 30, 2008,
I've never listened to them. Don't plan on it either.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
when i first listened to tool, i absolutely hated them. they are now one of my favourite bands, they took me about 2 years to get into.
No, I can understand you not liking them. As long as you don't say they suck I don't see an issue.

Tool is in my top three best artist but I can accept not everyone likes them.

..and for people that complain about the length of their songs there is a simple solution. It's called Ritalin. ADD is a medical illness.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
i found it hard to get into them but now im an addict,whereas my friend hates them
its just different tastes,some people don't like the lack of guitar,the time signatures or maynards extrememly meaningul vocals
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
I love their music personally, because I can connect to it, and it can take me through a variety of emotions. I personally think that a song shouldn't be limited to a 3-4 minutes time length. You can't really express an emotion or feeling in such a short period of time.

But yea, I am actually one of two total Tool fans (that I know of) in my high school. haha.
Quote by CrazyDavey

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

I like Tool a lot. At first they weren't my favorite, but I never disliked them. Last summer I went to see them live (which turned out to be the best show I've ever seen), and since then I've listened and enjoyed more and more.

And to the kid above me, nice Deja icon. Other favorite band.
also, i can only liisten to tool if i listen to a whole album at a time, just cant get into the single songs.
Can't blame anybody for not liking a certain band. Just preference.

I'm a fan though. And I don't think I've seen/heard a tighter live band, they're amazing in concert.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
They have a handful of songs i like, but i would not call myself a fan. Like someone already said..... for a band that writes such long songs, there is not enough variation in them and the tribal **** gets pretty old pretty fast.
at first i really didnt like them. now i think i used to be retarded. i ****ing love tool. its just a very specific taste i guess.

but if you think songs are too long or repetitive then thats nothing to do with tool. i personally thing songs can never be too long. and i dont mind repetitive music. as long as its not kiss. **** kiss. i do not want to rock and roll all night. **** you.
As a Tool fan though, I have to admit that 10,000 Days was not the greatest album. There are a couple good songs on there, but otherwise, I'm not a big fan of it. However, my favorite album has to be Undertow. The songs aren't that long, clocking in in about 4-5 minutes, and have some really good stuff on there.
Quote by CrazyDavey

Quote by rg_metal

uh, when i first heard them, i was reluctant to like them because it was out of my comfort zone. but now they are my favorite band so...but you are entitled to your opinion and if you don't like them then so be it.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

You either love tool,or you don't like tool. I can see why a lot of people dont like them, but they are probably my second favourite band. Even i wasn't a huge fan at first but they grew on to me, just like bands like Pink Floyd, Radiohead and The Mars Volta. Im not one for metal, but for some reason people always classify them as metal, which makes no sense.