Page 1 of 2
No.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
The movies keep getting darker and darker (like the books), and keep getting better and better IMO.
They'll probably have a good mix of the 'romance' and the dark side.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Snape Killz Dumbledorf!
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Which book is that?

I stopped reading after the ridiculously boring 5th one. I can't be bothered to remember the names.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by andy_thomas
Which book is that?

I stopped reading after the ridiculously boring 5th one. I can't be bothered to remember the names.

its #6
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
I was gonna poast this but decided not to.

Yeah it looks really good I saw it before. The films are getting to the main storyline bit involving why Voldy came after him in the first place so it should be good.

Also one thing I have noticed is that The Order of the Phoenix doesn't have much of a 'plotline' so to speak so a lot of people thought that film was a bit bum.

Totally looking forward to these last two films though. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
This one seems like it will make the most movie through most of it, but I'm still pretty excited.

I love Harry Potter.

Edit: Just watched it. Looks badass.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by ratmblink123
I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll take out the teenage romance and focus more on Voldemort.

You say that like it's a bad thing. The whole teenage romance thing in the books was fagtastic. And the last chapter of the last book made me want to /wrists, because it was so bad.
Yes well the books aren't supposed to be epic literary masterpieces. Theyr'e more for entertainment really. Although they are kind of epic.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
i don't know though...usually book adaptations kinda suck compared to the quality of the book...

however...HP series (the book) goes deeper down the drain after the 3rd book...so it might be
inversely proportional...hahaha...

the explanation about the "half blood prince" was weak though...maiden name wtf
Well the movies have improved alot as they go on (the first three blew IMO)

I have high hopes, especially since the half-blood prince was my 2nd favorite book of the series. Still though, they're not going to be able to do the books justice with only a couple hours of footage... they're gonna have to leave alot out.

I'll still be going to the midnight release though.
it will only be good if you if you read all the books, if you havent your screwed.
and to make this move really good it needs to be 3 hours.
I hate harry potter books/movies/merch with a passion.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
All the movies thus far have sucked, so I don't see this one being any different. Especially since they'll have to cut half the story out.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't like the movies. The books are million times better!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
The problem with the Harry Potter books is there is too much to fit into one film. Invariably you will have to cut out loads or make it unbearably long.

I don't like it when people moan about how "there was loads cut out and I'm a HP 1337 so I know". You want to sit through that much film?

It's gonna be hard to find a happy medium though. It could go either way.

Edit:
Quote by Svennz

You came here to say that? Just go if you aren't going to contribute.

RMF

Quote by ratmblink123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Tjlinh8o8

New trailer.
Anyone else think that this might be better than the past ones?
But I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll take out the teenage romance and focus more on Voldemort.

And other opinions?

If it's like the book, it will.

I don't know why I'm posting, I don't really care about HP, although it was cool when I was a kid.
Quote by Svennz

Reason?

I think they're very interesting. It's generic, wizards at a school, but with a very good plot line throughout the books.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
The problem with the Harry Potter books is there is too much to fit into one film. Invariably you will have to cut out loads or make it unbearably long.

That's the same with all good books though.
I was disappointed because they didn't show Emma in the trailer

The movies blow compared to the movies but I will end up seeing this.
Quote by Craigo
That's the same with all good books though.

Yup, sadly.

The only exception that comes to mind straight away is Lord of the Rings. Even though they are pretty long they are amazing films.

RMF

Quote by The_Paranoia
I was disappointed because they didn't show Emma in the trailer

The movies blow compared to the movies but I will end up seeing this.

wat

anyway, i got interested in the Harry Potter series because my last name is Potter, and eventually I was made fun of so much in grade school i started reading them. I like the books way more, but this movie looks great
I hated the fifth movie... it totally sucked. they focused too much on the non essencial stuff and not enough on the important parts. but if this movie is gonna be any good they cant do that and they need to fill everything in and it needs to be at least 3 hours. the people now days are worried about how long a movie is and it ruins the movie. who cares how long it is. if its good and done right people will watch it anyways. just look at the lord of the rings...
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Yup, sadly.

The only exception that comes to mind straight away is Lord of the Rings. Even though they are pretty long they are amazing films.

Ever read the books? Very different style. Loads of people moaned but the translation was fantastic in my opinion.

But, best book to film translation ever HAS to be fight club. No exceptions
Quote by badguitarist13
I hated the fifth movie... it totally sucked. they focused too much on the non essencial stuff and not enough on the important parts. but if this movie is gonna be any good they cant do that and they need to fill everything in and it needs to be at least 3 hours. the people now days are worried about how long a movie is and it ruins the movie. who cares how long it is. if its good and done right people will watch it anyways. just look at the lord of the rings...

Have you read the books?

The 5th one was the worst in my opinion and the 6th one was the best. It's all good.
Quote by badguitarist13
I d the fifth movie... it totally sucked. they focused too much on the non essencial stuff and not enough on the important parts. but if this movie is gonna be any good they cant do that and they need to fill everything in and it needs to be at least 3 hours. the people now days are worried about how long a movie is and it ruins the movie. who cares how long it is. if its good and done right people will watch it anyways. just look at the lord of the rings...

Agreed.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by Craigo
Ever read the books? Very different style. Loads of people moaned but the translation was fantastic in my opinion.

But, best book to film translation ever HAS to be fight club. No exceptions

Yeah I've read them. I read them then watched the films, great film adaptation in that series. But I've never read Fight Club, just watched the film, it's on my future reading list though.

Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows were great books in my opinion. For the last one I was so glad for them to get out the bloody castle for a change. The fifth was pretty bad.

RMF

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Yeah I've read them. I read them then watched the films, great film adaptation in that series. But I've never read Fight Club, just watched the film, it's on my future reading list though.

I'd remove the spoiler.

Read the book then watch the film for Fight Club. Seriously, they work together so well. There's a different ending, but meh.
Dumble's CENSORED at the end of the book should cause some tears in the cinema.

EDIT: All Good?
Last edited by Moggan13 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by Moggan13
Dumble's *censored* at the end of the book should cause some tears in the cinema.

Please remove the spoiler for people who haven't read the books (just in case).
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Last edited by ratmblink123 at Jul 30, 2008,
^
Sorry bout that, though i highly dout there is anyone who hasn't read the books or at least knows what happens in the book/film
Page 1 of 2