So I've been thinking (not too deep into it) but I've figured in modern times and in my situation...money's more important than love at this point, because I have all the love I need from my parents, my friends, my girlfriend and the love that I as a human being give myself. However, I'm strapped for cash...always, and so is my family. So I ask you pit, is it wrong of me to think that money is more important than love at this point? or am I just a selfish prick who takes for granted the love of my family? Any others that feel this way?

I'm truly wondering, I'm not trying to be a prick, just sincere. (if I didnt make anything clear, just say so)
Quote by Eric 666
So I've been thinking (not too deep into it) but I've figured in modern times and in my situation...money's more important than love at this point, because I have all the love I need from my parents, my friends, my girlfriend and the love that I as a human being give myself. However, I'm strapped for cash...always, and so is my family. So I ask you pit, is it wrong of me to think that money is more important than love at this point? or am I just a selfish prick who takes for granted the love of my family? Any others that feel this way?

I'm truly wondering, I'm not trying to be a prick, just sincere. (if I didnt make anything clear, just say so)

Yeah, but if you had to lose that to become a billionaire, would you do it?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, but if you had to lose that to become a billionaire, would you do it?

I'd consider it, lets just put it that way.
I think you should put all your remaining cash together and buy a bunch of lottery tickets. If that fails, you should go live in your moms basement, and eat SPAM for the rest of your life.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Quote by Pac-Man44
I think you should put all your remaining cash together and buy a bunch of lottery tickets. If that fails, you should go live in your moms basement, and eat SPAM for the rest of your life.

if my mom had a house and a basement I would, I'm living at my grandma's house until the housing department gives us a low cost apartment...but Spam is really good
Anyone who says 'I don't need materialistic things' are lying. Straight up lying to themselves or to you, one of the two or both.

People find reality quite unsatisfactory... It doesn't seem to hurt to want that little bit more. If they do everything alright, then why not?

However, I would not want to earn ridiculous amounts of money if too much of it was spent on crap/me. If I had a huge family and spent it on them, that'd be alright, but, if it was just me, a lot of it would have to go.

And I know this from personal experience as well.
Quote by Craigo
Anyone who says 'I don't need materialistic things' are lying. Straight up lying to themselves or to you, one of the two or both.

+1. That is the truth.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Now I feel like a jerk...
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
You need both in your life to be happy. I know money doesnt bring happiness, but you need it just to stay alive. You'll always have love, and from the sounds of it you will always appreciate it. No amount of money can change that.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
All I need is money, and I will be happy.

With money I can buy things I love, like music, and women.

But I love money more. You're not a selfish prick, you're a human being. Welcome to the world.
High as tits
Quote by Pac-Man44
Now I feel like a jerk...

dont feel that way I needed the humor anyway, I've gotten used to it, and with the love my family gives me and the fact that I can't do anything to repay them for everything they've done for me makes me feel like a jerk even though they tell me its not important to pay back...they're just doing their duty.

What I'm really trying to say is...since the love is a given factor in this equation, would the money factor that's absent be more important at this point in time? I dont know if I should feel like a prick or if I'm right to think this way.
Quote by Eric 666
What I'm really trying to say is...since the love is a given factor in this equation, would the money factor that's absent be more important at this point in time? I dont know if I should feel like a prick or if I'm right to think this way.

If you're satisfied, I don't see why not, long as you act alright on the love side of things.
I think it's good to be able to feel comfortable. Have enough money to buy a new outfit, a case of beer, go out once/twice a week with some friends, or buy a new game and also have say...at least $2000 saved in a savings account.

Having more money, or too much money usually does not work out as well as people would like, as it can make things confusing and just bring some trouble and more annoying thoughts to your life.

Also, since you are saying money instead of love, that really wont work out. As time goes on, you'll want love and relationships and then that is going to be your main concern which will drive you (possibly) just as crazy as wanting money. Finding the balance is the solution I think.
Last edited by Scissortooth at Jul 30, 2008,
think of it this way:

If your a billionare, who doesnt love you.
Been away, am back
Quote by Craigo
If you're satisfied, I don't see why not, long as you act alright on the love side of things.

I like to think so, my friends and I get along well, my mom is the greatest of friends I can ever have (even though sometimes my mood swings turn her away) and my girlfriend is really great, so yes I am satisfied for the most part.
Like stated above, it's good to have the money so you can provide for the people that you care about.
Quote by guitarlover57
Quote by Logz
think of it this way:

If your a billionare, who doesnt love you.

good point!
As soon as the love falls away money isn't important. Booze is.

Believe me I've been there.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
Quote by d von
As soon as the love falls away money isn't important. Booze is.

Believe me I've been there.

I've been there also man, I know what it feels like to lose a girl that you really love...and the 2 day hangover of Sangria
Quote by Pac-Man44

I LOVE SPAM! Yum-****ing-yyyy