How exactly do you do this?
Is there a website that says how big the holes for the pickups need to be, and all that stuff?
Thanks!
^ 'nuff said
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by mark_wuk
You can get plans, you can make plans, you can buy pickup templates.

Sounds like you need to do some research

Start here:

www.projectguitar.com

WHERE can I get plans? I've been researching this stuff for the last couple weeks like crazy.
I know exactly what to do, but this question popped into my head yesterday, and I couldn't find an answer anywhere..
You may not be researching hard enough.

Google "guitar plans"

WOW! Look what I found, as the very site, that popped up.. 15 seconds after I read your thread.

http://www.guitarplansunlimited.com/

You aren't trying. It's like when someone says they can't open a beer. Bull ****.... you aren't thirsty enough !

Anyway hope that helps.

EDIT: Also stewmac has plexiglass templates for pickups, and I believe some of the more common shapes of guitar.

EDIT:

/thread
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Sorry to bump this back up, but I was wondering if there is a site that shows step by step how to route a guitar.
Honestly, I just don't get it. How do all the wires go from the pickups to the control cavity? Do you have to drill holes sideways or something?
/sounding like an idiot.

Sorry for being such a n00b. haha
You will need either holes (or channels if covered by a pickguard) that will allow you to run the wires from the pickups to the control cavity.
Quote by cedricsmods
You will need either holes (or channels if covered by a pickguard) that will allow you to run the wires from the pickups to the control cavity.

Thank you, that makes a lot more since.