So one of my friends had this free program that could isolate any track from a song (vocals, bass, guitar, drums) and he was going to give me a copy but his hard drive crashed and he doesn't know the name of the program and i was wondering if anyone knew of a program like this so i could download it. Any help here?
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
There's been a thread like this, but ive never heard about such a program that can split the different tracks.
Sorry for my crappy english, im from Denmark
There isn't one. Your friend was lying.

You need the original masters to do it. Otherwise some programs have a 'vocal cut' feature that is completely hit and miss.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles

You need the original masters to do it. Otherwise some programs have a 'vocal cut' feature that is completely hit and miss.

this.

i just made a thread looking for exactly the same thing and its just not happening w/o the masters. anyone know how to get the masters? for metal bands?
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
this.

i just made a thread looking for exactly the same thing and its just not happening w/o the masters. anyone know how to get the masters? for metal bands?

contact the band I guess, or the studio, but I doubt they'd give them to anyone especially if the person didn't have something great to offer in return
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
You're friend is a lying bastard. Rankles pretty much got it, you can isolate vocals usually quite badly, you can find an acapella track, or you can try to get the masters, but that's not easy.
Quote by Rankles

What he said.
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~