pretty soon, im buying a guitar for my birthday. i've been looking around, and i've finally come down to the final two to choose from.

i wanna know, if you had to choose, would you buy:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom (white) - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518350

~or~

Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomEX-with-EMG-8185-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515618

i want the Custom for the vanity reasons, but i still like the way the Prophecy looks too. they both play great, and i really like the EMGs on the Prophecy. :/

i just don't know
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
get the prophecy, its badass
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
i wouldnt be able to decide either lol. the epiphone les pauls are great guitars. iv had one for over 3 years now and nothing has gone wrong. Soundwise, the prophecy. For looks, i kinda prefer the prophecy but they both look great
Prophecy FTW. Besides, QM=win.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Custom, although having played the Prophecy it really is a bad ass guitar. But the custom is more versatile, I mean emg's are built for distortion and they do it great but there cleans are mudy and dull so if your like me and use a lot of cleans + distortions I'd go for the custom. But both great guitars.
I'd go for the custom personally. In my opinion it looks a lot better than the Prophecy, plus it's more versatile.
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
the CUSTOM!!! white finish makes guitars sound better...(scientific fact) drop in sup seymour duncans and let her scream!!!!!
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me