Well actually for me. sorry

it's my amp fund.

i have 1300-1600.

i have played JCMs and peavey's and mesa/boogies

I want a tube combo, the one i have in mind is the mesa express 5:25, BUT i did not get to try out the orange rocker 30 yet, i did try the tiny terror and i love it, but am dissapointed at the lack of functionality, on the other hand the mesa has tooooo many featers on 25 watts for me... i will go try some more stuff out, but are there any suggestions for that price range?

i dont want anything above 30 watts, prefer british voicing and play cleans crunch and leads that have the slash sound.

anything in mind?

Thanks!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
vox AC 30 combo
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
i'll take that cash, but you gotta get it outta that pocket for me...not goin there!!
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
get a silver jubilee combo. ebay it there's a couple right now. either that or get a JCM800 and get it modded for higher gain.

that'll be ur best bet i'd think. of course there's always ceriatone....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Vox AC30
Marshall JCM DSL401 (40 watts, but it's probably closest to the sound you want)
Laney VC30
Laney TT50 (again, the sound you want, but more wattage)

I'm not sure how much any of those cost, but the TT50 might be higher than your budget.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
there's quite a bit to choose from, especially with amps like Orange and Traynor. check out a traynor YCV50.

and remember that having a mahogany guitar w/ humbuckers doesn't hurt.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by jaffawoman
I'm not sure how much any of those cost, but the TT50 might be higher than your budget.

The TT50 is only slightly over budget, i believe it is around $1800 in the USA, so you should definitely be able to find a used one under budget
Pawn shops are gold mines!
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
around here, pawnshops are sh!t mines. only sell SS amps and garbage cabs like crate.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
You could get a used Lone Star with that kind of funding. Its got a ton of options but it sounds good no matter what. It even has variable wattage at 10, 50, and 100.

Another good option might be the Egnator tourmaster 212 combo. even more wattage options and 4 channels. Might be more than you are looking for though.

You might get lucky and find a Tophat for that price range as well. The ones I've seen are fairly simple so you might dig those.
Sig What?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Used Splawn Competition + an Avatar cab should fit under your budget.

http://www.splawnguitars.com/amps08.htm

that's what i'd be considering, were i in the USA. (i'd need to try one though )

maybe consider roccaforte as well... (again, haven't tried it)

to recommend a couple i have tried: budda superdrive and soldano avenger (the avenger might be a bit too modern-sounding, though)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for the advice, just got back from the music store, tried out the mesa express, it was good, but too complex for me, theres the orange rocker 30 combo, but i just dont like how the clean is just a volume knob and theres no foot switch option... the vox ac 30 i wanted but i have no idea how to work it to get gain at lower volumes
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
oh, bogner shiva and thd flexi 50 might be worth a look too (you might have to go used on those, i'm not 100% on what their prices are).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so does anyone kno if there is a way to get distortion on an AC30 at low volumes?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Quote by Professor Fate
I have something in my front pocket for you...
is that a roll of bills in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.

seriously, i suggest auditioning some Traynors.
the voicing might not be exactly what you've described,
but you might like how they sound.
and since they're made in Canada, you won't have to pay extra for import taxes.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Maybe a reissue Marshall bluesbreaker? I'm sure you could probably find one used for around $1600, but it might not what you are looking for tonally. Its very versatile but not very practical for home use without an attenuator.

The blemished/refurb ones on Musicians Friend run for around $1600. Idk, just a suggestion.
Quote by Professor Fate
so does anyone kno if there is a way to get distortion on an AC30 at low volumes?

it really depends on the kind of distortion you're looking to get. indie rock distortion? yes. classic rock? yes. standard rock tone? not at bedroom levels. hard rock to metal? no.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Same. A Competition in 25W mode sounds like an amazing setup, for me. I hardly ever use cleans...
At the same time, it's a lot to pay for a 1 channel amp...

You can get cleans on a 1 channel amp by turning down the volume on your guitar. A GOOD tube amp should always clean up nicely.

Some of the best and most famous amps in history tend to be one channel, non-master volume amps (Trainwrecks, Marshall plexis, etc).
What about orange amps, ive tried out the rocker 30 and i must admit i love its tone, but theres also the AD30 that i want to try, and the one question i have so far is if the channels on the orange amps are footswitchable because i didnt see a footswitch input on the one i tried out.... also with the rocker 30 how nice is the clean channel.. i got too distracted by the dirty and didnt really blast the cleans to check em out

for the rocker if footswitchable... would u guys recommend an eq pedal and reverb pedal ontop of the amp?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Quote by Professor Fate
What about orange amps, ive tried out the rocker 30 and i must admit i love its tone, but theres also the AD30 that i want to try, and the one question i have so far is if the channels on the orange amps are footswitchable because i didnt see a footswitch input on the one i tried out.... also with the rocker 30 how nice is the clean channel.. i got too distracted by the dirty and didnt really blast the cleans to check em out

for the rocker if footswitchable... would u guys recommend an eq pedal and reverb pedal ontop of the amp?

Don't forget the Rockerverb series, and the Thunderverb series. Those are awsome from what I hear. They might be a tad on the expensive side though. Well worth it to me...
well i thought about the rockverb 50 but i think it might be abit too much for me in watts that is, and the price really kills it for me too
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
It's not like there's much of a volume difference between 50 watts and 30 watts, TBH. They're both feckin' loud.

If the Rocker 30's clean channel is anything like the Rockerverb 50's, you needn't worry about an EQ, tbh.
And I used to think reverb was necessary....But once you play somewhere with good acoustic, you'll probably end up turning that reverb off.
so still one question then, are the channels on the rocker footswitchable, and what about the AD30?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Quote by Professor Fate

I'm a Rocker 30 combo owner. First off, yes it is footswitchable. The speaker and footswitch inputs are in the back of the amp facing downwards so you can't seem them straight on. Unfortunately the footswitch is sold seperately for something like $40 which is sort of a rip.

The clean channel is the most simple channel you can imagine. Just guitar and amp, there is NO EQ. Now, if you have a good guitar this means that the cleans will sound fantastic. If you have a lower quality guitar then you may want to look into an EQ pedal.

A reverb pedal is highly recommended as well. I have a E-H Holy Grail and I swear the pedal and the amp are made for each other. Of course there are plenty of other options out there for your reverb needs as well. In short, I highly recommend you try out Orange.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail