I know I'm going to get bitched at for this thread because for one I'm probably the thousandth person to make a thread about recording drums. And second I'm going against common knowledge of recording drums. But bear with me here.

Ok, so my band is probably going to get a Toneport UX1 (thanks moody ) but I'd like to use real drums even if they aren't going to sound the best. We've already made up our mind that we don't have enough cash for a bigger set up with more mics, so here are the couple questions I have.

1.) Would it be possible to rig up adapters and/or a splitter to the guitar input on the Toneport for more mics? I know even if it worked it would probably sound crap but I at least am going to try.

2.) If that doesn't work out what would be the best way to get drums with one mic? If I took a guess I'd say an overhead pointed at the kick? Or somewhere between the kick and the snare. Now I know this is a terrible way to do drums but we don't have money for more equipment and I would like to have our drummer do the stuff instead of a machine.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
One mic = trial and error. No easy answer, really. As a general consideration, though, in line with the center of the kit so you pick up a balanced sound.

Rather than futzing about with adapters and stuff, get a really cheap (like $50) mixer and expand your possibilities. Even the cheapest mixer out there will be better than a bunch of adapters.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Cool, thanks guys this might work out if I find a real cheap mixer.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.